Spaying

Rabbits Online Forum

Help Support Rabbits Online Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

rabbitluvr04

Reaction score
Should I get my male rabbit Twinky Spayed or myfemale Bugs spayed first. Do males recover quicker than females? Bugsis 2 years old. and Twinky is her son...he is aboout..3 months old.PLease help. thank you in advance.

1. Males don't get spayed, they get neutered.

2.I'm almost positive 3 months is too young to get neutered as theirtesticles wouldn't have even dropped yet. The best time is any timeafter 6 months I believe.

I think that both sexes recover the same.

I'd go ahead and spay your little girl then, then neuter the boy oncehe matures. But still keep them apart as males can impregnant at 12weeks I believe.

i think males tend to recover a lot faster asit's just not as invasive as the surgery for the females. as to whichone to do first, that's up to you i guess. your female is old enough,i'd do it now to prevent unwanted babies as your male is getting almostold enough to father them. then when he's old enough, get hisdone.. that's what i'd do anyways :)

IMO I would get Bugs spayed first. She is a lotolder than Twinky, and she will be recovering whilst Twinky gets oldenough to be neutered. Bucks tend to recover more quickly as thesurgery is less invasive than for a doe. Also, Bucks canstill be fertile for several weeks after neutering, so you would stillhave to keep them separate if he was done first :)- Jan

Back