Spay

Rabbits Online Forum

Help Support Rabbits Online Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

BlueberryBunbun

Reaction score
Helloo! Thanks to your advice I had my bunny,Tufty, spayed to try and help with her bad behavior. That was lastmonday, and she's recovered very well. There've been no hitches*touchwood* and now i'm just wondering what is going to happen to herbehavior.

I still can't figure it out, she's stopped the growling, but she'sstill territorial to a certain extent (altho not as bad as before) andshe is still reluctant to let me pick her up. I know this is perfectlynatural, and i shouldnt expect the spay to sort out all her behavior,seeing as most of it is down to me and my handling technique anyway.

I need a little help understanding her behavior, for example, today shewas lying on the sofa and i was scratching her ears. As soon as istopped she went psycho and started digging at the sofa and biting thecushions. Is this her saying, "I'm bored i want to go," or, "Give memore attention?" She's a great bunny and i can tell that with a littlebetter knowledge from me, she'll be much happier.

Thank you for all your help regarding the spay, it was a major success and i'm gladI did it.

Blueberry. x x x

You'll most likely see more changes in her inthe next couple weeks...it takes some time for the hormones to get outof the system...glad your already seeing some positive changes!

Ditto what PGG said :D

I've read somewhere from someone when I made a topic that the diggingand biting/nipping means that your bun needs to use the bathroom, or infact what you said, that they want more attention.

Katy

Give her about a month to heal, then you shouldstart to see her new personality (so to speak). Her hormonescould still rage for up to SIX months! :?

My lop (well, my daughters lop) scratches thecushions, or the lap he is on, just before he lays down to getcomfortable. I can see how it could also mean they want moreattention especialyl since you say that it was right after you stoppetting and that she goes psycho.

I could understand how it might mean they have to use the bathroom sometimes and will have to watch for this!

Jay

BlueberryBunbun wrote:
I need a little help understanding her behavior, forexample, today she was lying on the sofa and i was scratching her ears.As soon as i stopped she went psycho and started digging at the sofaand biting the cushions.

My friend's rabbit does that! Well, not the biting, but thedigging. He usually digs on whoever's lap he is on if theyare not paying enough attention to him. That's all that itis- an attention bid. At least for him.:D And he'sa neutered 3 year old male.

Thanks for all your help! She's definatelybetter than she was pre-op, its just a matter of time as you said.You've all been really helpful.

:)Thank yoooooou :)

Blueberry x x x

Latest posts

Back