Spay

Rabbits Online Forum

Help Support Rabbits Online Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

karona

Reaction score
Well Karona is not getting spayed. I took her yesterday to have it done as she will be 1 this week (august 20th) and the vet thought she would be ok. Well he got started with the anastetic and boom she went into respitory distress. She was resesitated and is fine but I have decided not to try again. To me the risk is not worth it. She has a facial deformity that I knew about before this where her airways are crooket and her nose is slightly askew. She also has some issues with a head tilt and sezures. The vet and the girls at the humane socity where I work and where she came from think it is all from being dropped as an infant. Anyhow with her medical conditions I dont want to risk her going into distress again and not being able to be brought back. She is home to me now and is doing fine.

I'm glad she's doing okay!! I think that you're right about her not trying again!!!! THat sounds so scary. :shock:

Big hugs,

-TK

The first time Sugar went in to be spayed she stopped breathing. They resuscitated her and she was okay.

The vet was very confident that he could do the spay, he just had to adjust the dosage of the medicines they use to put her under.

I was very leary of getting her done, but her aggressive behaviour towards other rabbits and her bad litter habits made me decide to try one more time. If the vet hadn't been so confident, I probably wouldn't have tried a second time, but she came through with flying colours the second time!

I'm glad I did try again because she has stopped fighting with Sekura, and the cage has been spotless since the operation.

I can understand how Karona is very sensitive. I hope she doesn't experience any other problems from her "childhood injuries".

--Dawn

I did think about those things but since I have no other buns and she will never be near one her agression is not a concern. Also her litter habbits are very good. She does not spray and does not dig, chew, or rip things.

Latest posts

Back