Spay wound healing?

Rabbits Online Forum

Help Support Rabbits Online Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

LittleEskimo

Reaction score
Hey there, I got my bunny Rosie spayed on the 8th of July

For the first 3 days after her op I kept her in my room in a cat carrier. The first nightI kept her in and the next day I opened the door to let her have a wonder around a small area of my room to stretch her legs. I made sure she wasn't getting to boisterous and left the cage open for her to go back in when she felt.

Afterthose 3 daysI took her for her check up and they said it looked a little red and but was healing and to come back in another few days. I kept her in again for a couple of nights and then let her back into her hutch as the vet said it would be ok.

I took her back again for her next check upand it looked more red anda little scabby and the vet said to keep a close eye on it but it didn't look infected or anything and must have been where she had beenlicking it.

I've been keeping an eye on it since and the scab has gotten bigger. Its not wet or sticky or with discharge its justa scab. Does this mean its healing ok? What should I look out for? How can I help it to heal and when will I know that it has finally healed over? Please help I want to help my bun as best as I can and the scab does worry me a little :(Thanks in advance

Latest posts

Back