Spay question

Rabbits Online Forum

Help Support Rabbits Online Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

BACI

Reaction score
Delilah is scheduled for her spay on Tuesday. Iam not sure if she is psychic or what but I scheduled it a week or soago and am unable to pick her up at all now. She is evil.....scratches,squirms, fights etc
She has never liked being picked up but I was able to get her to sit ina box, like her litter box to lift her out of the cage. Now - no dice.My concern is that in other threads people said they had to pick themup and turn the rabbit over daily to check the incision, should I startwrapping her in a towel to pick her up now to get her ready for this.Not actually turning her over, but picking her up? Will this make itworse? I don't want to scare her more. It just has gotten so much worselately.

I always just lured them to stand up withtreats. It's much easier and less stressful on thebun. I only pick them up to look at it if I think I see aproblem.

ah! perhaps that is why Boogie behavior havechanged, he is just starting to hit pubery atho maybe too young? he is,too, doing the scratches, squirms and fight with me when he wasn't nearlike that previously...cool, i am starting to understand rabbits more,i read alot but i guess reading and experiencing is two different breedof knowledge huh?

good luck with your bunny, hopefully it goes well

Evenstar

BACI wrote:
Delilah is scheduled for herspay on Tuesday. I am not sure if she is psychic or what but Ischeduled it a week or so ago and am unable to pick her up at all now.She is evil.....scratches, squirms, fights etc
She has never liked being picked up but I was able to get her to sit ina box, like her litter box to lift her out of the cage. Now - no dice.My concern is that in other threads people said they had to pick themup and turn the rabbit over daily to check the incision, should I startwrapping her in a towel to pick her up now to get her ready for this.Not actually turning her over, but picking her up? Will this make itworse? I don't want to scare her more. It just has gotten so much worselately.

Latest posts

Back