Spay incision is bleeding a lil after 6 days!

Rabbits Online Forum

Help Support Rabbits Online Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

TheBuns

Reaction score
I was cleaning out my buns areas where she stays to recover and I two small dots of dry blood on her blanket! My vet is closed right know, you think it’s an emergency that I need to take her to the vet right now I don’t have any around her that take rabbits this late!

IMG_8081.jpg

Does the stitches look open?
I was going to call today but I had a busy schedule for the vet to look at the crusty stuff/:

I think it would be easy to tell if the incision had opened as you would be seeing the skin separated. If it's just a few drops of blood and the incision still is closed, I would just monitor to make sure she isn't messing with it too much, and it's no longer bleeding. Then if you still have concerns in the morning, I would call the vet.

I think it would be easy to tell if the incision had opened as you would be seeing the skin separated. If it's just a few drops of blood and the incision still is closed, I would just monitor to make sure she isn't messing with it too much, and it's no longer bleeding. Then if you still have concerns in the morning, I would call the vet.

I haven’t noticed any blood yet anywhere else but I’m still concerned about the spots of blood and that crusting stuff around it, i was also thinking maybe she peeped on the blanket that her urine was a dark brown color that’s why it looked like dry blood \_(..)_/

I took her to the vet this morning the veterinarian said she looks good the crusty weird stuff is glue they used

Back