spay after care

Rabbits Online Forum

Help Support Rabbits Online Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

black_jack

Reaction score
Doesanyone have any tips/suggestions on looking after a female rabbit afterthe spay?

I have two rabbits one maleand one female. Jack has already been neutered so I know touse towels and monitoring pellets and eating but I do not know whet todo about keeping hetti and jack seperate after herop.

I know it is best to keep herin her hutch for 5-6 days to restrict movement but should i move herhutch out of the rabbit room to give her some peace andquiet?

Please help, the spay is booked in for this friday.

many thanks xx

The vet will tellyou exactly what you need to do, and if he doesn't ask him. There havebeen lots of different posts about what their vets told them to do.With one person they had to keep their bunny in the cage for 10 days,and with me, Nimue could run around all he wanted the day after he gothome. So it really depends on what your vet thinks is right. Just makesure that she is not chewing at the stitches :)

~Amy

I think it depends on the bunny too. When Joonwas spayed, she was out and about the same day like nothing happenedbut she was also very lazy. So, I didn't have to worry aboutrestricting her activity. Now my Blossom, she's going to have to becaged for a few days...she's very hyper and bouncy.

awww bless hope she id doing well xx

think i will have to cage hetti too lol xx

Latest posts

Back