Sos

Rabbits Online Forum

Help Support Rabbits Online Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Nataliemn

Reaction score
Hi guys i really need your help, i left town for 2 weeks and left my baby with someody, when i returned (yesterday) i saw that his poo was looking like this, some of them were too small some long and some stinky, also he is so depressed, he uset to behappy and funny, he was always jumping around when i was near and leaking me, and yesterday he was afraid of me andwasn’t coming out of table, please help me Ilove him so much and dont know what to doif something will happen to him

Attachments

• 5B7C3A8B-21CC-447E-B78F-D71CD9DC5BE4.jpeg
    5B7C3A8B-21CC-447E-B78F-D71CD9DC5BE4.jpeg
    48.4 KB · Views: 25
  • 59690E82-EF32-4EFF-A866-07899DA6A56F.jpeg
    59690E82-EF32-4EFF-A866-07899DA6A56F.jpeg
    60.9 KB · Views: 20
What did they feed him while you were away? Not sure what is wrong Might he have been scared or injured by the person watching him, or do rabbits get upset when their routine s disrupted? Hope he is ok and back to normal soon.

He's likely just stressed and could also be holding a grudge as rabbits are prone to do. Give him time to get used to his old routine with you. Be sure he's on his normal diet and I'd guess his poos will return to normal.

What did they feed him while you were away? Not sure what is wrong Might he have been scared or injured by the person watching him, or do rabbits get upset when their routine s disrupted? Hope he is ok and back to normal soon.
Hoping same too:(( he was sleeping the whole day

It may have just been the stress of you being gone that could possibly be causing the poop changes and the lethargy, but the parasite infection coccidia can also cause a rabbits fecal poop to become deformed and misshapen like that, and coccidia can be a fatal illness. If your rabbit isn't already feeling better at this point with his poop back to looking normal, I would get him to a rabbit savvy vet today to get checked and have a fecal float test done to check for coccidia.

If he has coccidia, the med the vet will put him on will usually be ponzuril, albon, or smz/tmp. You will likely also need to start syringe feeding regularly throughout the day if he isn't eating well, and the vet can give you a syringe feeding mix for rabbits so you can feed him. Coccidia is considered an emergency, so mention this possibility, and your rabbits lethargy and lack of eating when you call in to make the appointment. With coccidia, he would need to be seen today, not later in the week. If he doesn't have coccidia, the vet will likely give you some meds and feeding mix to help your rabbits digestive function get back to normal and your bun feeling better again.
http://www.medirabbit.com/EN/GI_diseases/Protozoal_diseases/Cocc_en.htm
https://rabbit.org/vet-listings/

It may have just been the stress of you being gone that could possibly be causing the poop changes and the lethargy, but the parasite infection coccidia can also cause a rabbits fecal poop to become deformed and misshapen like that, and coccidia can be a fatal illness. If your rabbit isn't already feeling better at this point with his poop back to looking normal, I would get him to a rabbit savvy vet today to get checked and have a fecal float test done to check for coccidia.

If he has coccidia, the med the vet will put him on will usually be ponzuril, albon, or smz/tmp. You will likely also need to start syringe feeding regularly throughout the day if he isn't eating well, and the vet can give you a syringe feeding mix for rabbits so you can feed him. Coccidia is considered an emergency, so mention this possibility, and your rabbits lethargy and lack of eating when you call in to make the appointment. With coccidia, he would need to be seen today, not later in the week. If he doesn't have coccidia, the vet will likely give you some meds and feeding mix to help your rabbits digestive function get back to normal and your bun feeling better again.
http://www.medirabbit.com/EN/GI_diseases/Protozoal_diseases/Cocc_en.htm
Than you so much but he already poops normally he just eats all of them and dont know why he eats that much, also he is eating too much cause it turned out that person who Biscuit was with wasnt feeding him well and he was in his little cage... Didn’t even know what to say to her

Than you so much but he already poops normally he just eats all of them and dont know why he eats that much, also he is eating too much cause it turned out that person who Biscuit was with wasnt feeding him well and he was in his little cage... Didn’t even know what to say to her
Also i want to ask you something so much, he has pee stains and smell, tried to remove it with cotton and warm water but that doesn halp, i know its forbidden to bath bunnies but cant i even make his stomach wet and not his whole body and face

Do you know why he has pee stains? Is it because his cage wasn't cleaned well and he stood in his urine, or is he dribbling urine causing him to have a wet bottom, that continues to get wet and isn't drying out?

Also i want to ask you so much, he has pee stains and smell, tried to remove it with cotton and warm water but that doesn halp, i know its forbidden to bath bunnies but cant i even make his stomach wet and not his whole body and face
Do you know why he has pee stains? Is it because his cage wasn't cleaned well and he stood in his urine, or is he dribbling urine causing him to have a wet bottom, that continues to get wet and isn't drying out?
he wastn with me, thats why he was in cage, i have him all over my room and house, thats why he never had stained and smell before, his chest fur is kind of wet and dry at the same time, its not fluffy and i just dont know what to do to clean him because i troed tree times and he didn’t let me do it fully, he hates when wet cotton is touching his fur

If it's not too bad, I would just let it dry or use cornstarch based baby powder to dry it out then comb out the baby powder, and eventually he will molt that fur and new fur will grow in. If it's very soiled, even though bathing a rabbit is usually not recommended, on the rare occasion when the soiling is very bad it may be needed, I would do a butt bath in an inch of warm water(not too hot or cold), rinsing and drying thoroughly after. This has to be done with extreme caution as it can cause hypothermia if the rabbit gets too wet and too chilled. It can also cause stress induced cardiac arrest in very nervous rabbits or ones with a preexisting heart condition. But before doing this, it's always best to consult with your rabbit vet first.
http://www.disabledrabbits.com/baths--cleaning.html

If after cleaning and drying the fur, it continues to get wet and urine stained(when his environment is clean), this usually indicates there is an underlying urinary problem like a urinary tract infection and/or calcium build up in the bladder causing irritation and/or infection. In which case vet treatment and the proper antibiotic are needed. Normally a healthy rabbit should never have a urine stained or soiled bottom, when their environment and litter box is kept clean. Rabbits are naturally very clean animals and a dirty bottom indicates some sort of health issue.

We treated our bunny for coccidia but the vet didnt indicate it was serious or an emergency. Natalienm, hope your bunny is fine soon.

If it's not too bad, I would just let it dry or use cornstarch based baby powder to dry it out then comb out the baby powder, and eventually he will molt that fur and new fur will grow in. If it's very soiled, even though bathing a rabbit is usually not recommended, on the rare occasion when the soiling is very bad it may be needed, I would do a butt bath in an inch of warm water(not too hot or cold), rinsing and drying thoroughly after. This has to be done with extreme caution as it can cause hypothermia if the rabbit gets too wet and too chilled. It can also cause stress induced cardiac arrest in very nervous rabbits or ones with a preexisting heart condition. But before doing this, it's always best to consult with your rabbit vet first.
http://www.disabledrabbits.com/baths--cleaning.html

If after cleaning and drying the fur, it continues to get wet and urine stained(when his environment is clean), this usually indicates there is an underlying urinary problem like a urinary tract infection and/or calcium build up in the bladder causing irritation and/or infection. In which case vet treatment and the proper antibiotic are needed. Normally a healthy rabbit should never have a urine stained or soiled bottom, when their environment and litter box is kept clean. Rabbits are naturally very clean animals and a dirty bottom indicates some sort of health issue.
No his cage wasnt clean when i went to bring him home, his bottom is clean, his cheast was wet but its dry now, problem is that he has smell and i wanted to know if i can make his chest wet to make him clean

We treated our bunny for coccidia but the vet didnt indicate it was serious or an emergency. Natalienm, hope your bunny is fine soon.
Actually he poops normally now, but ih he had coccodia even in that i cant go to vet because in my country there are not veterinars who cure rabbit, i asked couple of tham to chek him but everybody was saying no, i will continue to look for good rabbits Veterian

Latest posts

Back