Sort of O/T Curious Camera Question

Rabbits Online Forum

Help Support Rabbits Online Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

MyBabyBunnies

Reaction score
I've noticed a peculiar thing that's been happening when I take pictures of the different bunnies.

When I take picture of either of the boys and I use flash, I get redeyes on them. But I can use flash on Zoey and no matter what angle Itake it from, she does not get the same red eye issues. I'm wonderingif anyone else has noticed a difference in rabbits and red eye whenusing flash or is it just me?

Here you can see the effect that it has on Zoey and Mocha and the huge difference:

bond2.jpg

And here's just a few picture of Zoey with flash used in both: (Notice the slight redness but almost next to none.)

flashzoey.jpg

flashzoey2.jpg

Now here's Spice on the same day, same time, and roughly the same orientation with the sun:

Nov26pics55.jpg

But all the bunnies have the SAME eye color. :?And no fair, I have dark eyes but flash always gets me, lol.

Actually MBB its a good question, and one Iactually know the answer to lol... I have the same issues with Nadieand Celest it is because they have white in there background thatbrings out the red eyes, as it is a recesive gene that couldpotentially throw{if bred} albino babies. At least thats what my momtold me lol.

shadow10978 wrote:
Actually MBB its a good question, and one I actually knowthe answer to lol... I have the same issues with Nadie and Celest it isbecause they have white in there background that brings out the redeyes, as it is a recesive gene that could potentially throw{if bred}albino babies. At least thats what my mom told me lol.
LOL yep but its not just thewhite its the REW gene that createsthe red eye background . CloseShadow , At least you were paying attention this time lol .

Someone on another forum explained that Mocha isa chocolate chinchilla and Spice is a broken magpie harlequin (as faras coloring goes, I know they're mixes). I was told that they havelighter eye colors than Zoey for that reason. I always thought theywere the same color but then I remembered a few pictures of Mocha whereyou could see the brown ring in his eyes (only in the sun) and not onZoey. So they may look the same but they really aren't on closerinspection.

So you guys were right, lol.

Certain colors have more of a tendency to thered eye, and also show aruby glow insubduedlight. Chocolate, lilac and any shaded colors will show aruby glow. (Less pigment on the iris allows the reflective back surfaceof the eye to reflect more light.

Pam

pamnock wrote:
Certain colors have more of a tendency to the red eye, andalso show aruby glow insubdued light.Chocolate, lilac and any shaded colors will show a ruby glow. (Lesspigment on the iris allows the reflective back surface of the eye toreflect more light.

Pam
That's just not fair:X Every bun deserves a good photo, not El Diablo:mad:

Back