sore on back

Rabbits Online Forum

Help Support Rabbits Online Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

djluster

Reaction score
I was looking at Jasmine this morning grooming her for the fair tomorrow. I notice something wierd on her back there was a patch of fur missing and a sore, she has been by herself so not something from another rabbit, I have included 2 pictures to see if you can tell anything that might help, It does not hurt when I touch the area, She was suppost to go to the fair tomorrow for a show looks like now she might be staying home

She is 6 months old

photo21.jpg

photo20.jpg

I've been seeing that exact same thing a lot this year--on several people's rabbits.

It's possibly mites/mange. Or it could be from rubbing on the cage (tries to look out the door when it's open? flops next to the wire/feeder on occasion?). Or just scratching too much there.

I treated my own rabbit by putting neosporin (or any antibiotic ointment) on the sore for a few days (just put more on when it disappears--could be every other day or twice a day depending on the rabbit). It went away in about a week with my rabbit.

Another option or additional treatment would be a miticide cream.

Thank you ya after looking closer. It looks like a scab, I looked for signs of mites, I will treat it with neosporin. I am guessing she must have caught herself on the feeding or something else

Three of our rabbits do the same thing to themselves from Summer through fall. Spent a lot on all three at the vet to find out that there are no mites, no ringworm and no mange. Finally treating it with neosporin, but it is self-inflicted.

Latest posts

Back