sore hocks

Rabbits Online Forum

Help Support Rabbits Online Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

djohnsonmart

Reaction score
My baby has had trouble with sore hocks for a bit; at the end of Sept she chewed up the bottom of her foot and we'v been trying to get it healed. A new vet recently tried cold latser therapy, but when that wasn't healing as fast as he wanted he started abrading the scab and put a concentrated honey patch on it. This was n Thursday. Tonight, three days later when we gave her a bath and soaked it off, all the skin came off and she is raw down to the bone. It has never been this bad, ever, and I am freaking out. Has anyone ever had a similar situation? i am at the end of my rope and don't know what to do. She was fussy and moping all day, and I am heartsick. i'm also so angry that the vet has seemingly made her worse.

Has anyone ever had a rabbits hocks go down to the bone an recover? The vet assured us the skin would grow back after he had done this.

That's sounds extreme and while I've dealt with sore hocks, it's never been that bad. I'd be very worried about infection setting in. If she is chewing at her own feet then something was bothering her. You should get a second opinion if you can.

Latest posts

Back