Soooska's Bunny Burrow 2009 - 2011

Rabbits Online Forum

Help Support Rabbits Online Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
:yeahthat:

It won't take long for you all to settle to a routine, and no one could give your babies more love than you do. Mine have the run of the place, but both Shadow and Georgia tend not to go far, so I'm sure space won't be an issue.

Look forward to pics :)

Jan

:hug: I know it's hard. They are much better off with you than you can imagine! Lots of other bunnies don't even get run time, so whatever you can give them is a blessing! :) Plus, small spaces can be good for run spaces (I live in a one-bedroom apartment, so I know!). You just need to mix things up a bit for them periodically (empty moving boxes work wonders!) and they will be just fine. Plus, they have you to run to for lovin'! I hope you settle in OK.

Bunches of moving boxes sounds like a bunny's dream. So many boxes to gnaw on. Good luck with the unpacking, didn't mind moving, did not like the unpacking.

Well the little Monkeys are settling in nicely. OMG you should see Daisy Mae when I let her out to run around. She's all over the place she loves the long run she has now. Buttercup is just so relaxed all the time which makes me happy that he is enjoying his Senior Years.

Winston & Vega haven't been out too much; over the next week (i'm off) I will rig some thing up for them. My goodness I never realised how noisy Bunnies can be in their cages. I guess I really never payed attention when living in the house, but now because I live in an apartment I'm really conscious about how noisy they are. I won't even put toys on their second level as they drop them and make a big bang.

I can't find the battery for my camera, I put it somewhere before I moved now I don't know where. I guess this is a good excuse to get anew camera. Now all I need to do is figure out what kind and where from. I can tell you one thing it will not be Best Buy, I will not ever again step foot in a Best Buy. OMG they really need to learn Customer Service skills. I won't even get into it right now. Gotta check out the Boxing Day Sale Flyer's.

Take Care, have a great day everyone and thank you for reading my babies blog.

Susan:)

Susan! I'm so glad you are getting settled into your new place. Sounds like your setup will be a bit like mine; bunnies with their own room. I live in a house, but it's really tiny (I live on the main floor, a tenant rents out the top). I totally understand about the noise factor, because my tenant claims to hear everything...and Yofi, of course, loves to make noise. The louder the better. (Nothing is more fun, btw, than a metal food dish clanging repeatedly on a hardwood floor.)

I'll look forward to seeing your pics once you get a chance to post some...in the meantime, may you and your beautiful bunnies have a wonderful Christmas! :)

Thanks so much for the update on my little Buttercup. I was afraid he might be so upset over the move that he might want to take a vacation to Wisconsin for a few days, or months..... ;)

Good to hear you've settled in. Are you spending Holidays with family or friends? Do you have the entire week between Christmas and News Years to spend with fur-kids? I think it is the worst to have that sort of time with them, and then go back to work... the separation anxiety is horrible for me.

myheart

Merry Christmas, Susan! I don't like Best Buy either. Ugh! I don't know how much of a budget you have for your camera but I have one of those point and shoot cameras and I am very happy with it. I have the Sony Cyber Shot T series. It's this one here:

http://www.sony.co.uk/product/dsc-t-series/dsc-tx5

Got it in pink of course! :pIt's really not too cheap though so maybe it's not an option now. I do love it though. :)

I'm glad to hear that Lisa:). Much better isn't it.

I have many new pictures (new camera) that I have to post of the babies soon. Maybe on the weekend by the time I get home, feed the babies, feed myself, make my lunch for the next day, get the babies out separetely I gotta rig something better so they can be out at the same time.

Susan:bunny19:happybunny::bunnybutt::bunnyheart:dutch:apollo:

Winston & Vega

DSC00257.jpg

DSC00242.jpg

DSC00239.jpg

Vega

DSC00237.jpg

DSC00234-1.jpg

FYI Winston has been licking the fur off Vega nose.

More on the weekend.

Enjoy

Susan & The Babies

No way!!!! Buttercup has his own bed?!!! What a spoiled little boy!!! Now I know I can't compete with that... Now he'll never come to visit me. :(

Daisy is so pretty! Ahhh... the life a a Princess Diva Bun....

Vega and Winston are so precious. I know they probably aren't as cuddly together as Wilbur and Jackie, but they are so sweet. Poor Vega... What's with Winston's over-grooming him? Is Winston upset about something?

myheart

I meant to tell you this earlier, but you made my day with those pictures! :biggrin2:I so love them all. How is Buttercup doing? He seems a bit more scruffy-looking in those pictures than I remember. Is everything alright with him? I mean, I know he is an older bun. He looks mighty good for his age. Just wondering if it's just shedding or so. :)

I do have a soft spot for Winston... :biggrin2:

Thanks Nela and Myheart for your comments.

I really think it's living in the apartment that makesButtercup's fur looks so scruffy. It's so bloody hot in the aprtment. He's sheading so much. I really questioned putting those pictures on here but that's what he's looking like lately. Still my Baby Boy though.

He's so darn smart, he knows when Mommie is in the kitchen, he comes and stands at the door till I give him treats. I bought a dehydrator (for the bunnies treats)and have been doing bananas, carrots and parsley. Of course he just loves the bananas. Well they all do.

Oh Susan, I hope I didn't offend. I for one am thrilled that you shared them. I was just getting concerned that his age is catching up to him. :)Buttercup is still as adorable asalways.I think it would be a shame not to show him off. I don't know too many bunnies around that age so you should be really proud of that. I know what you mean about the appartment though. It got like that in mine too :expressionlessI so cannot stand the heat so I used to leave my windows open a crack in a criss cross manner. I hope that made sense. Lol.

No Nela you didn't offend me, like I said I have been thinking the same thing lately.

I agree i think his age is really starting to show. He has the large growth in his tummy, which the Vets are aware of. One said she would never operate on a bunny his age and also with a growth the size he has. She did say that it was not hindering him in any way. She also feels he's not in any pain. This is why he gets treats when he comes to the kitchen door. Look at that face :inlove::big kiss::heartbeat::heartshow could anyone refuse him a treat?

TheBabiesNewCamera001.jpg

I love this - I just want to kiss his little nose :).

Shadow is shedding badly too, but he seems to shed most of the time :dunno

I don't think it would matter where Daisy Mae lives - she's such a Diva, she makes it her own anyway :D

Winston and Vega are such a cute couple - I always think Vega looksa like she could eat him!;)

Glad they all seem to be settled in. Do you know how Jackie, Wilbur and Fluffy are doing?

Jan

SOOOSKA wrote:
I agree i think his age is really starting to show. He has the large growth in his tummy, which the Vets are aware of. One said she would never operate on a bunny his age and also with a growth the size he has. She did say that it was not hindering him in any way. She also feels he's not in any pain.
I wonder if Buttercup's growth is like Patrick's. Patch's growth was an encapsulated tumor that wasn't attached to anything, but it did get quite big for his little belly. There was no pain associated with it either, just the discomfort from the size of it. The vet thinks that the tumor had nothing to do with Patrick's passing, just old age.

Give my little Buttercup extra cuddles from me, my heart goes out to him.

myheart

:) Cute pictures.Susan, may I ask where did you get that tiny bed for Buttercup ? It's soooooo super cute ! :) Hehe, this is why I love visiting your blog. :) All your baby buns have cute stuffs and you're super cool bunny momma. :) hehehe. Sweetie little spoiled bunnies ! :inlove:

I LOVE all these pictures! Spoiled beautiful bunnies. It doesn't get any better than that. So inspiring too. All the sweet things they have and that little bed is just so incredibly sweet.

:heartbeat:

Back