Sometimes the Dead Bunny Flop is too realistic!

Rabbits Online Forum

Help Support Rabbits Online Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

EileenH

Reaction score
I just about had a heart attack; Jake was behind his cage doing the DBF so I took a few pictures (see below). He didn't move at all and his eyes were open. I got all freaked out and yelled and he jumped up; which almost gave him a heart attack. He is fine, just was in a deep sleep. But I was really scared!

DBF1-1.jpg

Below is the one that got me, his eyes were wide open..
DNF2.jpg

Silly bunnies, scare the heck out of us!

Haha, I have so many of those moments where it's like "Oh, how cute... Wait, you are breathing, right? Hey, come on now... HEY! Oh, you're awake now, okay."

It's very cute, but at the same time, super scary.

I have had those moments with Peepers, scared the heck out of me when she would do that when she was sick! I would look over and she looked dead for all the world and I would panic and scare her half to death waking her up lol

I'll never forgot my 9.5 year old blind/deaf foster bun, Benson....and for this one reason:

I had JUST took him in the night before, and when I walked into the bunny room I stopped at the door because I saw him dead bunny flopped in his cage. Panic struck and I assumed he was dead, even though I knew bunnies DBF'd even if they weren't dead. I called Alicia (JadeIcing) in screaming hysterics. She told me to go check on him one more time...and sure enough, he was up and very much alive.

Phew. Bunnies :rollseyes.

Latest posts

Back