Sometimes *simple* tasks are overwhelming

Rabbits Online Forum

Help Support Rabbits Online Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Leaf

Reaction score
When I go shopping, I go SHOPPING - for groceries, that is. So, normally I expect a big bill even though I am frugal with comparison shopping.

A lot is going on in my life right now so I've neglected a lot and am down below bare essentials as far as food goes.

I decided to pop in to Wal Mart for a bit to eat.

I got a bottle of coke ($1.38), a package of portabella mushrooms ($2.98), a container of apple slices and grape mix ($3.68), a loaf of Asiago cheese ($3.00)and 3 avacados ($1.38 each).

The lady ringing me out was telling me how she hates Mothers Day since hers passed away 11 years ago, so why should she care... all she gets from her cats for Mothers Day is dead lizards... they dont even kill the mice.

I'm mute, nod and fidget hoping she'll hurry up so I can escape.

When she tells me I owe $44.91 I cant believe it. I very timidly interrupt her description of the mangled lizard to ask if she's sure thats right. YES! she tells me as she tears up and waves her arms around.

Ok, ok I hurry up and pay her so I can escape. I made it outside before I looked at the receipt.

Turns out she charged me for 23 avacados ($31.74) instead of 3.

Of course, her register is right by customer service so I can feel her eyeballs boring into my back as I point the mistake out . Im just glad she doesn't work in food service - my food would surely be spit in!

Funny you should mention food service. We went to a Mexican Restaurant at the Palms here for my wife's birthday. We made reservations and when we got there, the place was a ghost town. We ordered our drinks and food. and waited, and waited. When the food arrived, finally, the server had on oven mitts. They weren't needed as the food was cold. We were waiting for more than 45 minutes--people that came in after us had already eaten and left. Finally got the waitress over and she said she would have them make up a new plate. All she did was microwave it--and didn't do it very well. Everything was still too cold to eat. Nancy went and got the manager--and we got the same question--I can have them make you up a new plate if you want? The answer was a resounding NO!! You already had one opportunity too many. There is only one chance to make a first impression--and I don't really feel like giving someone a free shot at my food after the manager has just chewed them a new one. The reason we know he was going to chew on someone--our friend does a lot of reviews, and when we told the manager that we were going to talk to him and mentioned his name, it was like watching a cartoon characters eyes pop out.

20 Avacado's! Man she musta been so grumpy she like smacked in waaaay to many buttons. My brother was borrowing my mums credit card once and he obv didn't pay attention to the "please don't push enter or refresh" message as she was charged $700+ instead of like 20.

Latest posts

Back