Something spooked Harvey

Rabbits Online Forum

Help Support Rabbits Online Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

MagPie

Reaction score
Poor guy. I had put him to bed last night at 11:30pm, when normally I let him run around until 1am. But I was tired and wanted to go to bed early. Anyway at 12:30am he wakes me from a dead sleep, with thumping. Now this wasn't his I'm mad at you so I will thump. This was the I'm scared thumping. He was thumping every few seconds.

So I drag myself out of bed and check on him. Then check my apartment, who knew there might have been something fishy going on. I let him out of his cage where he very cautiously made his way under the bed. Where he did let out a few more thumps, but not nearly as bad. I was able to tempt him out with banana chips, but the poor guy was scared. I felt so bad. Even my fat cat was too. He was trying to check on his bunny buddy.

Took him about an hour to calm down. I figured he was finally calm when he was in the living room grooming and doing a few binkies. My cat was happy too. Tried to play with him.

Far as I can tell, I think my neighbors being loud spooked him. She normally isn't up that late and the vents carry voices very well. Aaaah so much for going to bed early. I couldn't sleep until I knew he was ok.

Maybe it was a smell or noise nearby that started Harvey. It was good that you checked though. New smells/noises sometimes get my buns thumping. For my buns, raccoon noises have them thumping at night. (I simply close the window at night.)

Ooooh I hadn't thought of that, mrbunny. Hahah I know it wasn't a raccoon. I do have my windows close at night, as I'm a big wuss when it's even slightly cold.

I really am not sure what scared him. Tho there have been times where I have woken up in the middle of the night thinking someone is in my apartment. Kind of like that feeling you get when someone is watching you but you can't see them. Always freaks me out haha. He did have to check out the apartment before he calmed down. Poor guy.

My bunnies are outside bunnies, but I still hear them thumping sometimes-last night I woke up at 4:30 to hear Taffy pounding her feet..then she ends up with sore hocks from it.

He doesn't do this, usually. No way I could sleep through it. He's in the bedroom with me. Something did scare him....

Of course now it's like it never happened haha.

Back