Something Ive never seen before

Rabbits Online Forum

Help Support Rabbits Online Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

sweetrose

Reaction score
Libby The true north west Montana, Montana, USA
So i was doing my normal routine of cleaning out the 3 cages, When i came to the last cage (housing 2 bonded males intact, a Netherland dwarf and a mini-rex) there was this weird substance stuck to the floor. It looked and felt just like hardened syrup just more yellow. there were 3 different spots all different amounts no poop was in the "mess" at all which i guess could be a good thing, Both boys are acting and eating normal drinking good,They are both about 3 months old almost 4 months and I have no idea what to do or what it may be. Any ideas, I looked up mucoid enteropathy and it didn't look anything like that.

They are about 3-4 months and they have been together for 2 months there in itself is another problem i am now begining to think that my dwarf now named buck is possibly a female we have been frequently checking and b/c he/she is so small it was hard to tell and originally thought "Buck" was a he now i think im taking it back and that "Buck" is a she.

Yikes. They're not mature enough to be 'bonded.'

Anybody have testicles? As soon as they show up, they have to be separated, whether boy/girl or boy/boy.

sas :?

It sounds like perhaps bladder sludge. Is it gritty at all? Maybe you could separate them but keep them nearby. They could be becoming sexually mature which is not going to be good at all. As long as they have at least a two levels of wire between them--perhaps with 1" between.

Gritty sounds like bladder sludge, which can be a sign of urinary tract infection or urinary tract disease. Definitely get that checked out by a vet soon. A bladder infection is very painful, and that should be investigated as a cause very soon.

Back