Someething Bizarre Happened

Rabbits Online Forum

Help Support Rabbits Online Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Stephanie wrote:
Tina, please don't beat yourself up. You take such good careof your babies, I know it's not from a lack of anything on your end. Ireally think this was just a freak occurrence, and should show us allthat no matter what, anything can happen at any time with our rabbits.
I hope I didn;t make you feel guilty. :?

I think you're going great with all of them and as much as you can.

I doubt you did. We all get upset when one ofour babies is sick, or something odd like this happens. I remember howI was when we got Abby spayed and she wasn't doing well after. Iliterally couldn't sleep that first night and kept on going to check onher.

Apollo is great. He is 17.5 pounds. Iexplained everything I do normally and what I've been doing since hequit pooping. I described the mess he passed and what was in it. Hechecked Apollo over with a fine tooth comb. He even took xrays withoutme having to ask. Poor Apollo was not impressed at all. Poor baby kepttrying to get off the table and into my arms. The xrays came back and

:dancing:No Blockage:dancing:

He recommended to do what Gypsy and Pam had already said. Onlyhe wants be to give him both Nutrical and Petromalt twice a week fortwo weeks. So today Petromalt tomorrow Nutrical, etc. Then do it once aweek for the next 4 weeks. He said that should keep him moving.

I was so relieved I stood there and just cried.Apollo was staring at me like why are you crying. So Iquickly dried my eyes and hugged him.

As we were leaving there were 4 dogs waiting in the waitingroom. They saw Apollo and started a ruckus. Apollo didn't care. Theywere amazed how the dogs barking and whining weren't really upsettinghim except for him squirming. I said no no, he's not squirming becausethey are bothering him, he wants down do he can go play with them. Ihad 6 people all :shock2:at the same time. It was hysterical. Even Dalechuckled.

Tina

They are still a bit on the small sidebut there are more of them. There are still a lot of clingers. Whichmeans he is still passing some hair. I'd rather have it come out thanstay in there. I am excited. He even did a binky when we gothome.

Tina

Tina,

So glad to hear Apollo's feeling better. I would have lovedto see those dogs' faces at the vet's! I'll bet they werecompletely confused.

Kevin asked me whatI wanted for Christmas. I saidhardwood floors because I knew $4,000 would be a no-go. ThenI said, okay, then, I want a Flemish. :D

Laura

Tina,

I haven't been around much because I have a very busy day and weekend.I did see this post early this morning and wanted so badly to say ThankGod you were there - You saved Apollo's Life. I firmly believe that. Ifyou hadn't been watching him and he didn't have your help, I'm not surehow it could've gone.

I have only a moment, so I'm sorry to make this brief, but I did want to ring in and tell you that I'm thinking about you --

:highfive: Good Job!

*phew!*

I know you've been watching him very carefully the past few weeks - especially with his heavy molting.

Now... *Breathhhheeee* Big Inhale - Big Exhale...

Everything's Okay...thank you, Buck, and God.

-Carolyn

WOOOOOOOHOOOOOOOOOOO!!!!!!!!! I am so glad tohear that he is in the clear!! Please keep us posted of his everimproving condition!! And I agree with carolyn had you not been therehe might not have passed it at all, It was your quick thinking thatsaved his life :angel:

YAY!!!!

I knew he was going to be ok, I just KNEW it! Still, I am so glad youdidn't waste any time and brought him in ASAP. The relief you must befeeling right now must be immense.

I swear, that rabbit is cool as a cucumber.

I am on cloud 9. I swear, with the wayApollo is acting this morning, you would never know he was feeling soyucky the past few days. He's running around, doing binkies, love on melike crazy. He's been begging shamelessly for a piece of fortune cookieall morning.:disgust:

I'm so excited he is feeling better, I almost gave in...almost. I was strong and gave him more hay instead.

MBB, I must admit I felt really bad when you posted. I kindafelt like maybe you were trying to say I wasn't doing enough. We allsecond guess ourselves when something bad like this happens.I know that's not how you meant it but I was in a scary placeas I was typing.

Stephanie I was feeling all of that. It was nice to have it put into words.

Laura, woman you are a girl after my own heart. Nowwhat are going to do if Kevin surprises you with hard woodfloors.:shock:

PGG, I am just over the top. I am exhausted but but thrilled and elated. I feel like I can finally breath.

Sandra, A binky that big is hilarious. First, it's in slowmotion. I mean you have time to grab the popcorn and camera. When helands, good grief, the dishes in the cabinets start clinking.

Carolyn, thank you so much. I feel just that way too. Phew I can breathe again.

FeddysMom, I told Apollo he's not allowed to scare me like this ever again. He already scared 10 years off my life.

Shadow, Thank you. I will definitely be keeping every oneposted on he's doing.I wasn't going to say anything but sinceboth you and Carolyn brought it up I thought I would share somethingthe vet said.

By passing the blockage we got incredibly lucky. He also saidthat by ensuring Apollo stayed well hydrated, we avoided a possibleimpaction. Had that happened we could have lost him quickly. Itrequires immediate emergengy surgery. A very scary thought to say theleast.

Stephanie, I am weak with relief. I am still shaking. I've benzinging off the walls I'm so happy. Apollo doesn't know what the bigdeal is and looks at me like I'm nuts. Well I am nuts but that'sbesides the point.

Susan, I don't normally drink. But I have a bottle of wine Ihave been saving for something special. This most definitely qualifies.I will be popping the cork tonight.;)

Tina

YAY for binkys and a happy tummy!

Glad he's back to normal.

Thanks Honey Pot. I was sitting here andheard all this racket. I look over and Apollo has jumped up into thekitchen bay window. He then jumped to the top of Norman &Koda's cage. He then proceeded to jump to the top of Christa's cage andhad his head in the fortune cookie box.:disgust:

Lissa, I am so excited. My baby is definitely feeling better.

Tina

Oh Tina, I am sooo pleased Apollo got a cleanbill of health from the vet. I think i would have panicked too if I sawone of my buns pass something like that. Well, better out than in. Givethat gorgeous boy a huge hug from us here.

Jan

Latest posts

Back