Somebody stop me!

Rabbits Online Forum

Help Support Rabbits Online Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Haley

Reaction score
Okay, so I met this little girl today:

MI382.5639809-1-pn.jpg

MI382.5639809-2-pn.jpg

MI382.5639809-3-pn.jpg

She was at the shelter. She is such a wonderful lionhead who needs ahome. She loved Basil and Max, she was giving them kisses! Ithought about taking her home to foster, but I was afraid I would keepher.

What should I do? Im thinking of waiting another month or so to be 100%sure Max is better...so should I foster her until them or just hopeshes still there?

Eek! I dont need another!

I think you do need her and she needs you.

binkies wrote:
Do you HONESTLY want to ask that question HERE? Think aboutthat for a second......YES you need her!

Yea wrong group to ask. I came to cry about Elvis and look what happened.

I COMPLETELY AGREE!!! :D:D:D

She looks SO BEAUTIFUL!!!!

:inlove:

JadeIcing wrote:
I think you do need her and she needs you.

No, no...see...what he doesn't understand is that you asked the PERFECT group of people!!! Hehe!!! :D

Haley wrote:
My boyfriend is sitting here telling me I asked the wrong group of people :D

Haley, just ask yourself if youareable to give this bunny the same level of love and carethat you currently give the ones you already have.

You'll find the answer there. :)

Wallace

Haley how could you not give Basil and Max a girlfriend. And a very cute one at that.

You know you can always send Mr Tumnus here to live with Daisy Mae.

So yes my answer is yes get her.

Susan:bunnydance:

Ok....lionhead breeder chiming in here with some things.

I know this isn't "official" and I have absolutely no "proof" to prove it..I'm speaking only from personal experience.

I try to not breed chestnuts - they're hard to sell and place in homes.BUT - the chestnuts I have are among the most loving of my rabbits. Iswear it is something in the genetics...now maybe it is just becausethe parents are more loving - I don't know.

If you like her but are uncertain...I would foster her. This will helpyou know one way or the other if she is right for your family. Youwon't find yourself wondering later, "should I have brought her homeand try to bond her?" and have regrets because someone else took her.

Fostering means you don't have a commitment full-time...just for a period of time.

Peg

Welllll... if she is already giving kisses to Max and Basil.... can you really deny them kisses??

Im going to think it over for a few days. Myboyfriend is telling me Im rushing into something like this too soon,and I should give Max more time to get better. We'll see.

The hard part is that if I get another, I really want another Tumnuslook-alike! But I also have to base this on personality to find someonewho Max and Basil will both approve of. Also, Basil and Max were niceto her at the shelter where they were probably scared of being leftbehind :) So I dont know if they would be the same back at home.

Thanks everyone for the advice though. I'll let you know if I decide anything. I just want them all!

Can i just chime in, i know you are stillthinking about it, but my answer is no you shouldn't foster it. Nowbefore everybody thinks i'm nuts saying no, i think you should get itand KEEP it lol, Max and Basil approve already, and i'm sure you knowways to convince your boyfriend lol, but i do agree when Max is a bitbetter, well in a couple of weeks.

Wow, she looks just like Sophie's sister/brotherwho was in the cage with her at the pet store. What a cutie! good luckwith what ever you decide.(I hope you get her!:D)

--Kelly

I know how you feel. I only saw Madilyn'spicture and fell in love. Now whenever I see a picture of a lionhead, Ifall in love:D.

I would foster her, then decide to keep her. She is just so gorgeous. Iam adding her color to my list of Lionheads I want. Peg: :stikpoke

:inlove:

- Amy (Mallory, Morgan, and Madilyn-Mae):hearts

What should I do? Im thinking of waitinganother month or so to be 100% sure Max is better...so should I fosterher until them or just hope shes still there?
Okay...my 2 cents...if you foster her, it's pretty much a done dealthat she will be staying, I'm guessing. ;)If you wait amonth, chances are she may be adopted out. I think maybe you need togive it a few days, wait, see how your thoughts are about it, and thendecide fully. If you just met her today you are still 'in love' withher...hehe...and you know what bunny peoples are like when they fall inlove with one, esp. one as cute as her!

Know how I wound up with Anna? I used to (well, still do) go to thelocal Humane Society's website and check to see what sort of rabbitsthey have. Never have any intention of adopting them - though I wouldin a New York minute if I had the room - I just like to see therabbits. The day I saw Anna's photo there it was like I did adouble-take when I saw her. I have no idea why, as she's a prettyrabbit, but she doesn't really stand out...a common agouti mix. Manymany rabbits they get in tend to be beautiful, and you notice them in asecond. But there was just something about Anna's picthat Icouldn't put my finger on. I found myself starting to check the websiteevery other day after that instead of once every other week, and didn'teven realize at first that I was checking to see if Anna was stillthere. But by the end of the 3rd or 4th week, I realized...she wassupposed to come home with me. Even though I'd never met her, Icouldn't get my mind off of her, and it built up to the point where Ijust had to go and get her or I'd burst.

So my suggestion (if you aren't already headed out to adopt this littlecutie as I type) is to wait for a couple of days and see how you feel.I find that for me, I'm attracted to all animals, but when one comesalong who 'was meant to be', they stand out...they are 'different', andas soon as they are out of your sight you begin to realize it.

Now I'll post this and see if you've announced you're adopting her yet...;)

hehe, no I havent rushed out to get her yet. Im still thinking it over.

I usually would never consider another. We have so many at the shelterthat its difficult to fall in love with just one. But there wassomething about her that really clicked with me. I think it was herattitude, she was so nice to Basil and Max and came up to them andgroomed them, like she wanted to take care of them or something. Maxseemed happy to have a little lady fussing over him.

I dont know. Im going to just keep thinking about it. One thing thatweighs on my mind is the fact that Im graduating college in the nextyear or so and I will be looking for a full time teaching job. Michiganis pretty crummy for employment right now so I may have to move out ofstate. Im just thinking now may not be the time to add a fifth.

We'll see..

Latest posts

Back