Some questions?

Rabbits Online Forum

Help Support Rabbits Online Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

iNoms

Reaction score
Okay, so I've been wanting a bunny for a while now, but I'm having some conflicts. My parents are concerned about the smell... xD So basically I'd have to keep it outside in a hutch. Problem is, I can't afford one, but I can afford a regular cage. Now what I was thinking.. Could I keep him/her outside during the day if he/she is fenced in, and then bring them inside at night? That would involve moving the whole cage; isn't that bad? I saw somewhere that moving them stresses them out, is that true? I don't want a sad bunny D: So if it's true I won't get one. :sosad: Hoping someone can answer, I probably look like a moron if this is a stupid question xD God bless :3

:pray: Hope I can get one.:pleaseplease::happybunny::hearts:

:) It isn't a stupid question. It is good that you are doing research before getting your rabbit! If smell is the only problem, rabbits are pretty low odor, and they can be easily litter trained, which mine are and it is sooo helpful when it comes to cage cleaning. Anyway, mine are kept in hutches outside and they stay out there overnight and everything. As to moving them around lots, I am not really sure.. Unless it was a pretty tolerant bunny I don't think it would like moving around much ( I know mine don't!)
I hope this kinda helps! :)

Thank you very much for the reply :) it did help. And I thought they were clean xD I've been told horror stories by my family about smelly rabbits, but their cages must not have been taken care of on a regular basis. *wouldn't surprise me with my family:biggrin2:* anyways thank you hun :) <3

A spayed/neutered, litter trained rabbit, who gets their litter corner cleaned daily, really isnt smelly :)

as to moving the cage, it wont be too bad, as long as the rabbits not necessarily in the cage when you move it. However, doesn't it get cold in Maine? I would worry about temps especially if their constantly going from 1 extreme to another.

Are there any rescues in your area? Maybe you can contact one and ask to visit a nice "clean" foster home whos only looking after 1 or 2 bunnys, and show your parents how their not stinky and how your bunny can live inside.

Ahahaha yeah that did come across confusing; didn't mean the rabbit would be in the cage while moving it.
Other than that, yes it does get cold up here, which is why I really want my rabbit inside if I get it. I'm going to ask my parents how they'd like getting put outside in cold weather :p haha. I was told I should put a blanket over the cage but still.. :( don't feel it's good enough.
Also that is a really good idea! I'm going to go to my nearest rescue and try that :D thank you for the advice, and thank you for the reply :)

Moving the rabbit(s) while they are in the cage isn't so bad as long as they are accustomed to the driver who is driving. I had to move both my rabbits and keep them in the cage and they did very well. I put them with my mom who was helping me move because they both knew how she drives and they weren't that scared.

If you do move rabbits from where they have been staying, for example you move out of your parents place, make sure the rabbit(s) are comfortable with whomever drives the vehicle, it will help them not get stressed out as easy.

Latest posts

Back