Some Prayers Needed for My Rat

Rabbits Online Forum

Help Support Rabbits Online Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

cirrustwi

Retired Moderator
Reaction score
My rat, Squeakers had a stroke.Saturday night, he was in such bad shape. He was having allsorts of trouble moving and couldn't eat on his own at all. Ihad no idea what had happened, he was fine earlier that day.I really didn't think he would be with us Sunday morning, but hewas. He showed some improvement Sunday. Hismovements got a little better and he ate a tiny bit of baby food from adish, not just the syringe like the night before.

Today, I took him down to the vet...well, he had a stroke. Myvet is wonderful and we decided to wait and see and not really doanything more then what I've been doing. Today, he ate 27cc's of baby food from the syringe and some oatmeal from adish. He's almost walking on all 4 feet not dragging himselflike he was. And the best thing was that he was able to situp and groom himself without falling over. He's doing reallywell, so much better then I expected. I don't want to get myhopes up, but the vet was pretty optimistic.

Squeakers could still use some prayers though. He still has alot of fighting to do. I couldn't bring myself to post aboutit before because I was so upset at the state he was in.Please send so good healing thoughts to him, he's an old guy, but hestill has some life left in him.

Jen

Poor Squeakers, keep up thegood fight Pal , They truelyare amazing animals , I cant believeI said that about a rat , butthe more I have them around the moreI appreciate the little beedyeyed boogers .

He made it through the night again.He's actually sleeping on top of Scabbers. I'm going to lethim sleep and feed him in a bit.

Thanks for all the prayers.

Jen

Poor little guy. Saying a prayer.

:pray:

-Carolyn

I'm keepin' my fingers crossed for you, Jen.

I hadn't realized that these little guys could, in fact, suffer from strokes! Stupid me!!

It sounds like the improvements could be a real good sign!!!

Hopin' for the best....

Melissa

Cheetos mom wrote:
I hadn't realized that these little guys could, in fact,suffer from strokes! Stupid me!!
Melissa
I actually felt like a very unknowledgeable rat mom at thevet. Apparently strokes are quite common. I didsome reading last night, and was able to decided that it could havebeen 3 things, but I really should have done the reading earlier.

Jen

Glad to hear he's improving!!! I really believethat with your help he knows your fighting for him and will in turnfight for himself even harder due to that!

Back