Some loose poo...

Rabbits Online Forum

Help Support Rabbits Online Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

BunMommaD

Reaction score
So two days ago I started taking away cookies pellets during the day and giving them back at night... He has been getting them all the time, unlimited... Which has never been a problem, he doesn't seem to over eat ever...

But I was trying to get him on more of a schedule, like I've read is best... So I would take his pellets away in the morning and give him his veggies and in the afternoon give his pellets back...

Well we've done this for two days now, and I just went and checked and he's got some real small slick loose poo!!! He never has poop issues, so I'm thinking I should just leave well enough alone and go back to the routine he's always had? Could removing his pellets and upsetting his feed schedule cause this? Or should I be looking for another cause??

We are going away next weekend, and he will be with the petsitter... I really hope he isn't getting sick... :?

How old is Cookie? And have you introduced the veggies one at a time, and only add another one a few days later? If it were me, I'd just give him pellets and hay and see if his poo firms back up. Maybe one of the veggies you're feeding him isn't agreeing with him.

I'd go back to his old schedule. Or, if you want him to eat veggies before eating pellets, take the pellets away in the early PM, then give greens an hour later. Then 90 minutes after that, return the pellets & remove any uneaten veggies.

Latest posts

Back