Some intro help

Rabbits Online Forum

Help Support Rabbits Online Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

susansheila

Reaction score
Okay, I have a female dwarf (altered). I'm really thinking about getting a flemish giant. He/she will be ready to go in a couple of weeks. It will be about 8 wks old. My question is; would it be easier to into a male or female sometime in the future?

Any and all help is greatly appreciated. :)

From my experience, Male/female bondings are easier because they just seem to click. Although since you are getting a baby, who knows what the personality will be like, or whether it will get along with your original bunny. Even male/female pairings if the personalities don't click together have issues.

Just be prepared if things don't go as planned to keep them separate, but if you're main concern is looking for a companion for your original rabbit, might be easier to get an already altered adult and do bunny dates.Babies can be quite unpredictable and their personalities do change as they get older and mature. I'd go for it though ifyou are just looking for a second rabbit, and will be content either way if they bond or not.

Spring wrote:
From my experience, Male/female bondings are easier because they just seem to click.

Definetly - Dippy and Fluffball just clicked - but you might wanna get the altered first so you dont have to seperate and then put them back together again - thats what we're having to do with my bunnies its a pain becuase they miss grooming and snuggling each other.

Latest posts

Back