SOFT STOOLS!

Rabbits Online Forum

Help Support Rabbits Online Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

~BunBuns~

Reaction score
My bunny about 5 minutes ago while having her free time pooped on the towel i lay out for here and its a bit soft.She has a water bowl while shes having her free time and she drinks from it. (The water was cold, i recently took it out of the fridge) and i was wondering is there anything wrong with her?? and before she had her stool was running around and jumping.

Should i be concerned???:bunnydance::elephant::bunnydance::bunnydance::bunnydance::bunnydance::bunnydance::bunnydance::bunnydance::bunnydance::elephant::bunnydance::bunnydance::bunnydance::elephant:

Just moved this to the infirmary for you, you'll get more answers here.

Was the poop soft and shiny and looks kind of like a raspberry? If so then it was a cecal and that's normal.

If it was a puddle of really runny poo, then it could either be a runny cecal or a runny fecal. Neither is great. You can try giving a bit of oats and make sure bun is very well hydrated and it it continues a vet visit may be in order.

--Dawn

It sounds like it was most likely some cecals.

Normally the buns eat them as they come out of the anus. But sometimes they leave them behind (get distracted and forget about them or something).

I had one group of fosters leave massive numbers of cecals behind when they where babies. They did grow out of it, but it was very messy to clean up and I had to clean them out twice a day at least.

What kind of food are you feeding her? Some times changing the food can help with the problem. But all food changes must be done slowly with a gradual transition.

--Dawn

What kind of pellets is she on? Some brands of pellets are better than others, and some buns are sensitiv eto certain things.

If it's a continual problem that doesn't seem to be going away, I would look into a different food.

--Dawn

Latest posts

Back