Soft poop New food

Rabbits Online Forum

Help Support Rabbits Online Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
""If it is an olderrabbit ,If it is an olderrabbit ,rabbits over 6 monthsold really dont need alfalfa . It too rich on their systems "".

Rabbits over 6 months old should be switched overto Timothy based pellets , soYes switching to Timothy would actuallybe the thing to do .

Gypsy - We estimate Willow about 10 months old. She is not a dwarf but is a small breed about 5lb. Fairly long hair to her coat.

Pellets are a very small part of her diet - it will take close to 4months to go through one 2kg bag. We tried to introduce Kaytee timothybased pellets a couple of times but she would not eat them.

I remember looking at the bag and thinking - there is a lot of stuff inhere - but the nutrition numbers looked pretty good, and it was a namebrand so let's try it. Caution:
Directions for use must be carefully followed. Ilooked at this and thought - yup, its a world full oflawyers.

Last night - Still not eating too much, just 2 movements both soft verystrong smell but starting to firm up. She was laying out alot but not all hunched up in distress. Have been offeringmore water, taking it right too her. When sittingwith her quietly, I could hear her stomach gurggle a bit. We had togive her some space because all the fussing and wiping and probing wasreally starting to annoy her causing her to look for places to hide.

Over night - One movement they were small but may have been firm - hardto tell might have dried out. Looks like she had some hay,parsley and cilantrol.

Now - About 75% her normal self. Friendly, good temper,accepting pets and giving licks. Looks like it will take abit longer for her to return to normal than I was predicting yesterdayafternoon.

I would try giving her a bitof baby gas medicine , sounds like she has a lot ofgas building up , according to My vetwhen my Jersy Wooly had gurggly tummywas a little is ok for natural movementand such but if you hear it rather loudlythen its time to give a bit ofhelp pushing it through , hence the babygas meds , for a 2 lb rabbit I was togive .05ml, you can adjust for your rabbits weight. Cowboy was taken completely off pelletsand only given hay and parsley until hissystem straigtened out , It seemed to have help conciderablyand got him back to his normal stanoffishself . It might be an option foryour rabbit also , but I cant tell youto do that , Thats something you have to decide onyour own .

Gypsy & Spring

You both were so right...Willow's ok, wish I'd acted faster.

Friday night - Willow started to act more normally, starting to poopmore solidly, eating a bit, exploring the house. We figuredshe was getting better.

Saturday morning - Some hay and parsley eaten, not much in the litter pan, Willow still acting normal but not too enthustatic.

Saturday afternoon - Laying around (mistaken for nap time), notreponding to petting---looking for places to hide...I went to the drugstore.

When I returned Willow was behind the sofa, on her back,backfeet twitching. Started her on Ovol right away, every coupleof hours and returned her to her condo. She changed hersitting position every few min. Kept offering water, and babyelectrolyte, by placing a crock in front of her very halfhour. If you got near her backside you could tell it wasworking. She got active again about 3am.

It took all day Sunday for her appitite and poop to return........agood thing too, afrer not eating almost 2 days she was getting prettyskinny.

Monday all day - Eating everything in sight:bunnydance:

We so wanted her to feel better that we saw the slightest change as the cure.

Thanks everyone for your advice: Lissa , Jim, Tina, Carolyn, Tina, Gypsy and Spring:rose:

I didn't know about simthecone when my bunyn wasgoing through gas, and when she got better I found it, so I added it tofavorites! I thought she had gas (thought she was feeling better) whenshe was in a bunny burito and her stomache gurgled and you could smellthis skunky smell.

Glad everything seems fine!

Latest posts

Back