So who else is having a heat wave right now?

Help Support RabbitsOnline:

gentle giants

Reaction score
Ick, I am getting tired of the 98F weather here. The only plus is that with us having a mild drought, the humidity is fairly low right now too. Unfortunately some of my rabbits are outdoors, so I am putting lots of time into keeping them cool. I though it might be cool ( no pun intended!) if we all shared our ideas/methods for keeping the bunnies comfortable in the heat. My favorite is frozen cranberry mush, the bunnies love it and it helps them stay hydrated too. I posted a picture of the frozen mush on my blog www.intothewoodsfarm.blogspot.com

So what does everyone else do to keep bunnies cool in a heat wave?

gentle giants

Reaction score
Yikes! Thankfully it is not THAT bad here. I wish I could keep everybody inside, but I just don't have the room.

TinysMom

Reaction score
Just want to say that I envy you for that weather - ours has been over 100 most every day - oftentimes hitting 104 - 106.

Ours are inside and its still hot for them since our main a/c is out and we're using window air conditioners.

MagPie

Reaction score
Thankfully it hasn't gotten too hot yet. Just early 90s. The summer has been kind of mild. Anyway, I give my bunny a frozen water bottle and a fan and he's kept indoors.