So What is Juniper?

Rabbits Online Forum

Help Support Rabbits Online Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

inasaga

Sir Juniper Serpentine
Reaction score
What is my bunny with a snake tattoo?

• The shelter I adopted him from said he was an American.
  • However, he looks a bit Dutch (the snake tattoo).
  • Also, he has an odd nose shape.
  • What do you think he is?

258653_10102211265398335_2025349998_o.jpg

429141_10102545836614935_1690429273_n.jpg

IMG_1153.JPG

IMG_1328.JPG

IMG_1660.JPG

Last edited:
She's beautiful and I don't know about breeds lol, can't even tell if mine is a Himalayan or Californian lol. But I love that "snake tattoo" very cool!

Many shelters aren't too good with breed ID, so may label a mixed breed as domestic or American. This can be confusing as American is a breed and a rare one at that.

He doesn't really look like a dutch to me. He looks vienna marked which can sometimes give dutch like markings. This is the gene that causes Blue eyed white rabbits, but when only one copy of the gene is present they can have white markings and/or dutch like markings.

A cutie for sure!!! Maybe some Dutch given his markings...however, his color is not Dutch! How big is he? Is he full grown? Regardless of what he is...super cute!!!

Appears to be a mixed breed. The Vienna gene as well as the Dutch gene can cause similar markings, so impossible to narrow down breed by the markings. Coat appears to be too soft (rollback) to be Dutch. Appears to be a mix.

Doesn´t really look dutch to me but he´s a gorgeous colour, very unusual, great name as well.

Thanks for the input everyone! I never looked into the Vienna gene. Very interesting.
Also, thanks for all the comments!

Has nice opal color to him but does show traits of a Vienna. I love BEWs they can through some odd patterns.

Latest posts

Back