So happy!!! Bunnies' first legs!

Rabbits Online Forum

Help Support Rabbits Online Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

wendymac

Reaction score
We finally received our show reports for the last show we were at. Max, Booberry, and Trisha all got a leg! :) Max is cool, because I picked her out of 2 litters that were available. Booberry is even more special, because she's my first "home grown" one. :) I'm going to put them in a frame for the rabbitry...at least until one has 3 total for the GC certificate. *doing the happy dance*

*stops dancing, long enough to type* Thanks, Sarah! Not a big deal to all you guys that have been showing awhile, but pretty cool for newbies like me. :) I came in and told hubby and he just looked at me without saying anything, like he's waiting for the rest of the story. I'm like, "This is where you yell WOOOOHOOOO!" So he's like, "woohoo" (without much enthusiasm. LOL It wasn't until I said, "It's like getting your first AQHA point on Doc." Then he was more excited. Men!

Congratulations, Wendy! We know how special it is when a 'home grown'gets recognized! Our Tan buck, Chevy, was our first home grown and won 6 legs during his show career. He's made some awesome babies, too. We'll never be able to register or grand him because his mom had no pedigree. Just goes to show you that a $20 rabbit with no pedigree (his mom) can produce a winner that's just as good (or better) thanany $100+ rabbit from a big name breeder! :biggrin:

Thanks, guys! Grats to Chevy, too. And even better because he's passing it on to his kids. I only paid $25 for Adeline, and she's producing some awesome kits. Rosa was $25 at the PaSRBA Convention this year, and I have her sold already for $40. She'll leave after the kits are weaned. I did pay $80 for Sonny (my only buck) and $85 for Cher (gorgeous doe, but I can't get her bred, which stinks). But I won't be buying anything for a while, unless it will really, really, really compliment what I have.

Congrats! YOu sound like I did back in March(show was the 31st). I took BOB and BOS in the first show- that's the first time I've ever done better than BOV, I was soo pumped!
Makes you ready for round 2 doesn't it??

Thanks Heather and Tracy.

Congrats on your BOB and BOS! My daughter's gotten BOB, BOS, and BOV a few times with her Californians. Unfortunately, not many youth show them (or adults either, for that matter) so there was never enough in the classes or it was just 2 exhibitors showing them. I can't remember how many were in the second show, and the show reports aren't here yet. I need to start writing this stuff down. LOL

I would be ready for Round 2 now, whether we'd gotten legs or not. I love showing the rabbits, but our next real show isn't until September. :cry1: I found out they don't sanction the big fair shows because they don't DQ any of the youth...ever. Kind of disappointed about that, too. :cry4:

I think the Show Secretary has 30 days to get the reports out to the exhibitors. We usually get ours within 3 weeks, but once in a while they take the whole 30 days (and sometimes a little longer). Up until this year we always got ours by snail mail, but the last few shows this year they were sentby e-mail and the legs came in the mail. By e-mail is definitely faster!

We're hitting the 30 day mark tomorrow. I thought maybe mine got lost in the mail, but everyone I talked to said they were still waiting, too. I'm going to start writing down how many were there, how many exhibitors, and their placings. That way I don't have to wait for the mail to know if they earned a leg or not.

Latest posts

Back