So flippin happy I could binky!

Rabbits Online Forum

Help Support Rabbits Online Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

LV426

Reaction score
So for the past 5 years I've worked at the same company. In the past year however things became rather hellish. They laid off 50% of the company including my direct boss and everyone ended up being overworked and definitely under paid. I hadn't been given a raise in 3 years. When I asked for a raise recently I was told there wasn't a budget for one. So even though I've been working for 3 people and managing a team of 3 I actually got a title demotion and was told no money is there for anyone.

Then they proceeded to hire 15 people and gave out 3 promotions.

So needless to say I've been really upset. On top of that I am making $20K less than someone in my position should be because of my experience.

I've been looking off and on and had some offers but those didn't pan out and I stopped looking and then out of the blue I got a call from a company who does business with my ex boss and he had recommended me to them. So I went to an interview 3 weeks ago and met the COO. He liked me but wanted me to come back and meet 2 other managers. So this week I went for the interview and spent 3 1/2 hours interviewing with 4 people.

Then they wanted me to come back and meet the owner. Short notice. So I took a long lunch on Wednesday and went to meet the owner, and 8 other managers.

Today they called me and emailed me and sent me the Offer. It's almost $15K more than I am making now, better benefits and most of all, room to grow!

So of course I signed the letter and faxed it back and sent my resignation in immediately to my boss.

I get to start June 28th. YAY!

Oh, yay! Congratulations! I hope you love your new job :D Think of all the bunny things you can buy with that extra money :D

congratulations. I know just how you feel. Was at the same place for 27 years, with no raise for more than ten. When I told them I was retiring in two weeks, they just about started crying as they had no one with my skill-set, experience, or work ethic. So, the offers started flowing, but it was too little to late. Hope you get the appreciation you deserve at the new job and congrats on the raise too.

Congratulations!
Sounds like the new place is an awesome workplace :)
I think you could send some yellow longstemmed roses to your ex boss, with a thank you note. That was really great of him to pass your name on!

Latest posts

Back