So excited !

Rabbits Online Forum

Help Support Rabbits Online Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Celestial Wind

Reaction score
Some one has asked me to display my bunns at a local craft show for children to see, pet and hold. There will also be goats ponies and ducks as well as lots of crafts. Now I have to decide who goes LOL must remember to bring lots of hand sanatizer.

As much fun and all that it should be for you and the children, Do you think it might stress them out? Mine would freak if they did that for long at all.

Bo B Bunny wrote:
As much fun and all that it should be for you and the children, Do you think it might stress them out? Mine would freak if they did that for long at all.
I am going to be bringing my show bunnies and they are use to being around lots of noise and peopleIf they seem distressed I will defonatly pack them up and bring them home.

We did the same thing over the summer with our Giants and Mini Rex. It makes the kids so happy to see the bunnies. I brought baby wipes (pop out dispenser) and hand sanitizer. Also brought Cheerio's that the kids could "feed" the bunnies... no carrots, etc.

I rotated the bunnies every 20-30 minutes or so, so no one got over-stimulated or stressed. (Kept some in seperate carriers in the back where it was quieter, and switched them off so they could rest.)

Mine handled it very well, and it was a great opportunity to talk to people about rabbits and their care.

Forgot to mention, I also brought a spray bottle of Vanodine and misted the bunnies from time to time (to kill any germs the kids brought over from the ducks and chickens at the Fair!) LOL! OK, I'm OCD....

Celestial Wind wrote:
Bo B Bunny wrote:
I am going to be bringing my show bunnies and they are use to being around lots of noise and peopleIf they seem distressed I will defonatly pack them up and bring them home.

Oh good!

See, I have house bunnies and they would freak!

I'm so glad people do this sort of thing tho. I know so many people/kids that never really touched a bunny or watched one play. Even those people who have been around them some are shocked when Bo does a big binky and throws his toys to me.

Latest posts

Back