SnowFlake & SnowBall

Rabbits Online Forum

Help Support Rabbits Online Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

2snowbunnies

Reaction score
Our first meeting did not go verywell. I got too excited when I brought home the new baby. Iplopped her down right in front of Flake's cage. She was not thrilledand attacked Ball.

So I immediately separated them.

They have a duplex for now. SnowBall has the 3rd.floor. After they have been bonded, I'll make the 3rd floor a3rd level.

xmasandbunny028.jpg

Here is the official first meeting..on nuetral ground w/ supervision.

DH and I sat on the floor w/ crossed legs and each of us held abunn. We pet them and scented up our hands. Then we switchedand did the same thing. The whole time letting them look at each other.

Then we sat with our legs out and feet touching, forming a diamondpen. We placed them on the floor. It went GREAT!!!!!

Here are pics!!!

SnowBall,"I miss my mommy.":( "Will you be my friend?"
theymeet022.jpg

SnowFlake,"It will be Ok baby, Snuggle up to me!"
theymeet005.jpg

"Hey Flake! What the Fluff is that?!"
"That's just Angel...She's a cat. She likes me. I'm sure she'll like you too."
theymeet012.jpg

Billy checks out the new pair.
theymeet021.jpg

Billy whispers in SnowFlake's ear...I have no idea what hesaid. But i think it was complementary. Billy's aflirt:bunnydance:
theymeet020.jpg

Aww...so happy to see that things went so well! :D

They're such an adorable pair! I just love how white bunnieshave pink ears and mouths and noses...I love seeing myFlower's. One of the reasons I named her Flower was becauseher huge, rounded ears look like pink flower petals. :)

What a beautiful pair...I love Flake's foofiness...CUTE!!! :D

Ball was born on All Hallow's Eve, October 31st. I wanted to name her accordingly, but my girly wouldn't let me.

They are very cute.

They might bond for now but when Snowball hits her teens (andhormones), I would keep an eye on them. They could start fighting veryquickly. Is Snowflake spayed?

No she's not. neither of them are. I'm saving money to do it. How much is a spay...I'm only familiar w/ cats.

Cuties! :bunnyheart

I have to agree with Jordiwes- be careful and keep a close eye on themuntil after they're both spayed. It's really common for babybuns to get along really well but then fight when they get hormonalduring puberty, siblings or not.

Spay costs really depend on where you are, so it's best to find outfrom the vet. Make sure the vet is experienced with rabbits-you might need to use a different vet than the one that treats yourother animals. Rabbit spays at my vets cost about $120, butI've heard of lower prices and some vets that charge $300. Idon't know how rabbit spay prices compare to cat spays because mykittens were done by the shelter.

I called last night to my reg doctor. They charge $200 each. OUCH!

Hmmm, I need to shop around. $400 is just not an option for me right now.

Ans I have never seen a rabbit in that office EVER

Snow Flake I went to livew/ SnowBall's dad and other relative's and we took homeSnow Flake II . SnowFlake II is Snow Ball's Sister. She is the RUNT ofthe little. A whole head shorter than SnowBall.

I am hoping to get a baby from Snow Flake I's first litter next summer.

Here are a few pictures of the practicaly twin sisters.

SnowFlake2005.jpg

SnowFlake2009.jpg

SnowFlake2010.jpg

SnowFlake2014.jpg

SnowFlake2016.jpg

My twinbits have become the most lving little furbabies I have ever had!!!

I can't give one cheek rubs w/o having the other rushing up to me.

And I caught them in a side by side flying binky. Let me tell you I about died laughing!

They are still always together. here are some photos.

bunnies002.jpg

bunnies016.jpg

Peek a Boo I see you!!!
bunnies009.jpg

007 "My name is Ball, Snowball"
bunnies010.jpg

They were born on Halloween. They are each less than 2.5 pounds right now.
I am happy to report that they are now getting along again and doing their side by side binkies and everything else together.
fluff001-1.jpg

Oh my goodness...they are soprecious!! Glad to hear they're getting along now!!(I wonder if one did something to anger the other?)

:stikpoke Hehe...just picture that as a piece of hay.

maherwoman wrote:
Oh my goodness...they are so precious!! Glad tohear they're getting along now!! (I wonder if one didsomething to anger the other?)

:stikpoke Hehe...just picture that as a piece of hay.
they are so cute!!!:mrsthumper::happybunny:

Latest posts

Back