Snow in NC!

Rabbits Online Forum

Help Support Rabbits Online Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

RexyRex

Reaction score
We have about 3" of snow here in Charlotte!! I'm so excited, I love to see snow. Being the native that I am I do NOT drive around in it...I had Chris take me to work :baghead

The roads are icy though, so I'm glad he did, I would have been nervous to drive in it. He, on the other hand, having a ball in my work parking lot before he left to go to work himself. He's from Amarillo and he has family in Garden City KS, so he's used to it, I'm not.

Now all you New Englanders and Midwesterners and Canadians.....feel free, pick on me all you want LOL.

I won't pick on ya, rexy; you should see it here in Ottawa. Every year it's the same thing...people who live with snow and icy roads for a quarter of the year still don't know how to drive in it. They don't put their winter tires on, they speed and tailgate, and you can be guaranteed that during the first couple of snowfalls, the number of accidents are crazy.

Me, I don't drive...but used to attempt to bike in it...till I hit one too many patches of black ice. So I used to be an insane person, I guess. ;)(Now I take the safe route - the bus - or at least I used to. They've been on strike since Dec. 10th, ack!)

Ya know, I would love to put up pics......but I got into watching the Obama inauguration and all of the snow was gone by noon! Typical for the area. Oh well, it was pretty while it lasted!

Our snow will be gone on Thursday. It's going to be above freezing!! whoohoo!!

People don't know how to drive around here in the snow either. It's crazy!

It's going to be 60 here on Friday WOOHOO!!!!

Tomorrow, however, it will be 15 in the morning and I have to be at a jobsite on the lake at 7:30am *pouts*. I'm stealing Chris' Carhart to wear, that ought to keep me toasty!

You can take some of our snow if you like, lol.

we have at least a foot of snow here. I live kind of in the country, and they tend to plow our roads last, mainly the 'back roads' they plow very last. Good though, because that means snow days are more likely!;) I also live off a dirt road, and that can be fun.

I agree that people don't know how to drive in snow.

OH, just to add, the other day my sister and I were driving into Detroit for a concert, and the roads were just horrible! it was snowing, but not real hard and not really enough to plow. BUT you couldn't see the lines for the lanes, and there was some freezing rain. It was kinda scary.

Back