Snow-covered UK from space!

Rabbits Online Forum

Help Support Rabbits Online Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Donna, it sadly doesn't surprise me one bit that you can't use the sand off the beach. The rules and regulations in this country are ridiculous!

We're not too bad round Bristol- only the main roads have been gritted so the side roads are treacherous but it's driveable in for the most part. The humpback bridge just outside our cul-de-sac has been gritted this time around, as so many cars were sliding back down it with the snow in December.

So many people are getting tired of the snow and wishing it gone, but I'm so happy that it started snowing this evening! It's started to settle a bit now as well, which makes me doubly happy. I'm not a fan of winter at all unless it's really cold, and snowy. Did I mention I like snow? :D

I just saw on the BBC news that somebody near Birmingham made an igloo. It's awesome! Link:

http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/uk/8454588.stm

:yeahthat: looked a bit chilly! it's done nothing but rain here all day - despite the fact that Haldon Hill and Telelgraph Hill (10mins drive from me and a favourite dog walk) have been covered in snow - as usual all roads around us are gridlocked as people are abandoning their cars. both hills are side by side - one goes to torquay and the other to cornwall.

am waiting for the clyst to get its first flood warning of the year:)

mouse_chalk wrote:
Donna, it sadly doesn't surprise me one bit that you can't use the sand off the beach. The rules and regulations in this country are ridiculous!
:ph34r2i didnt take the dogs to the beach, let them roll, bring them home and brush them off on the path outside the house. neither did i sweep the sand out of the back of the car on to path:ph34r2:ph34r2

hartleybun wrote:
mouse_chalk wrote:
:ph34r2i didnt take the dogs to the beach, let them roll, bring them home and brush them off on the path outside the house. neither did i sweep the sand out of the back of the car on to path:ph34r2:ph34r2
:roflmao:

If you have a dustbuster or other handheld hoover wouldn't it be terrible if it got misplaced in your handbag, and fell out on the beach, with the button pressed on, so sand got sucked into it?

some of the cat owners round here are using cat litter on their drives - in future i may improvise with dried bunny pooh - i knew i'd find a use for it!

hartleybun wrote:

some of the cat owners round here are using cat litter on their drives - in future i may improvise with dried bunny pooh - i knew i'd find a use for it!
We might be forced to if the council don't come round and collect the waste soon- all our bins haven't been collected at all for 2 weeks and are fulled to the brim, including an extra bin we purchased ourselves purely for bunny waste!! :shock:

We've had some luck buying dishwasher salt from supermarkets, which works better than regular salt, has been more in stock and I think is cheaper in larger amounts. Steve's been salting our front path each night and outside his office too.

hartleybun wrote:
what's a bin collection? i hope it wont involve the loss of the black bag pyramid that we are building.
LOL! For a second there I though I'd worded it wrong- I couldn't understand how you didn't know what a bin collection was! And then the penny dropped :D

What really annoys me is that the last 2 days the trucks have been up and down the main road, collecting all their bins. We live practically on the main road- our house is about 20ft from it, but they haven't come in here! Usually all they do is reverse in the cul-de-sac opening and drag all the bins across anyway, I don't see what's keeping them from us! :grumpy:

jen - if i didnt know better i'dswear you and steve were living round here and not bristol. when it snowed last year, east devon council closed one of it's depots because their binmen could have slipped on the ice. surely they could spend some of the £1000+ council tax we pay on a shovel, or some salt?

agree with you on the dishwasher salt - much cheaper and easier to get and it is salt!

Back