Snow and bunnies

Rabbits Online Forum

Help Support Rabbits Online Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

MyBabyBunnies

Reaction score
Ok, sorry everyone, I know I post a lot! But I'vegot more pictures of Spice in the snow. We now have 10" of snow andthey boys are loving it but Mocha's being a brat and wont let me pickhim up to put him out.

95ad0c3b.jpg

The thing on the left is a 'storm shutter', plastic light cover we attached to keep the snow out.

8d06a9a5.jpg

So here's Spice in the snow.

d045df5d.jpg

59e95c97.jpg

684039ce.jpg

d98c1e2e.jpg

c4cdf92d.jpg

eccbc0ab.jpg

awwwwwSpice is totally adorable. i wish we got snow here. I dont know how mybuns would act. We havent had snow in about 6 years and then it wasnteven an inch. I'm guessing my bunnies wouldnt like snow since theyreused to the warm temps and humidity. But those are darling pics all thesame. :D

Lanna

I love to see pictures of your babies in thesnow. I can't get enough of it. Tucker and Faunacouldn't go out in the if snow if they wanted to. They're notbuilt for it.

It's too bad because by the pictures of Spicers and Mocha, it looks like they're missing out on a lot of fun.

Keep the pictures coming, Laura. I enjoy them somuch! By the way, the first picture of Mocha'sadorable. What a cute little face.

-Carolyn

Carolyn wrote:
Tucker and Fauna couldn't go out in the if snow if theywanted to. They're not built for it.
Same with Lenci and Iszy...they're "indoor girls". :p Cute pics!!

Awesome pictures!

Look at this face! What a precious babyboy! The only reason he didn't want to play in the snow was because hedidn't want to ruffle his fur for his portrait!

I loveMocha!

Raspberry

95ad0c3b.jpg

I'll have to take a piece of dry rye bread out tohim today and see if that entices him to come out and play in the snow!I think I may submit a few pictures for the magazine this time becausethe snow seems to be very suiting for November and December.

And honestly Carolyn, I wasn't sure what to expect the first time I putthem out, I thought they'd hate it but looks like I was wrong! Spicedoesn't even want to come inside to dry off anymore, he sees me comeoutside and runs away from me, he knows his 15 minutes of fun are up!lol. Tucker and Fauna are so spoiled that I really don't think they'dlike the snow. :p

Oh, Laura! You know that we neverget tired of photos of our two darling snuggle buns. Oh,how I love my Spicer andMoch!!!!

They were BORN to be"cover bunnies" on the front of somebunnymagazine.

so theres no way to let an indoor bun go out inthe snow? I'd love to let Meg and Pep have some fun outthere. Peppys been out in the rain and it didn't bother him...?

I dont see why not as long as you supervise, andif they dont like it, bring them in. And of course make surethey dry off real good. If they start to get wet and cold,then bring them in.

Also depends on the TYPE of snow, there are some snowy days which are warm and there are some which are bitter.

Use judgement =)

I don't think I'd advise you to take themoutside. Indoor bunnies don't have the fur and are bound to get cold.Not to mention the sudden change in temperature could be dangerous tothem. Yes, I bring my bunnies in from outside, but I keep my windowopen and the heat off so they don't get too hot and the temperature isonly slightly warmer than outside.

I only let my boys run on days that the snow is not melting so theydon't get too wet, normally I wait a few weeks after the first snowfallbecause all the stuff is wet on the ground, but considering the amountwe got, it's not wet.

Michelle,

I have to agree with MyBunnyBoys. Not a good idea to moveyour rabbit in and outside in the winter. If peopledo bring them inside, it's advised to keep them in the coldest rooms,like a basement. The sudden change in temperature can subjectthem to getting sick and stressing out.

As stated by SunnieBunny Rabbitry farbetter than Icanexplain it: "Rabbits don't just grow a coat forthe winter, they also put on extra condition and fat. I raise flemishgiants and they gain about five pounds for the winter. It has to bemonitored so that way they dont gain too much or all at once because itcan be too hard on them, and too hard on their heart. My rabbits livein the barn and I noticed them starting to get ready for winter about amonth or two ago. Since then the youngsters have realy filled out andpacked on a firm condition, and my seniors have already gained aboutthree pounds and I imagine them to gain about four more on most ofthem. I think that they start this when the days start to get shorter.The barn is heated to above freezing during the winter but they stillwill still sort of get winterized. I think that you are correct aboutbringing them in and out putting stress on them."

-Carolyn

Ok, cool :) I just thought it'd be cool to see mybuns in the snow but I don't really care if they do or not :) I justwant them to be healthy and happy! And they're both quite content withrunning around the house :)

Peppy's finally binkying now, he never used to. I'm hoping its because of all the love I give him after all the neglect her got.

Latest posts

Back