Sneezy/Cough?

Rabbits Online Forum

Help Support Rabbits Online Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Shadow seems to be getting way better haven't heard him sneeze in days, And I can't hear wheezing when I put my ear to his chest, But sometimes when I put my hand under him to pick him up he does kinda breath heavily otherwise he is perfect, Is he all better and it is just something with him when I pick him up?

TO be honest I would get at least another 2 weeks worth and even then baytril often is not strong enough to eradicate an infection for long...

but if you are hearing anything that you know is associated with the URI I would keep him on the meds at least 2 more weeks.

I have had this happen with my own rabbits
Itried to minimized the unusual sound as being "normal" but it was really was the URI not yet resovlved.

angieluv wrote:
TO be honest I would get at least another 2 weeks worth and even then baytril often is not strong enough to eradicate an infection for long...

but if you are hearing anything that you know is associated with the URI I would keep him on the meds at least 2 more weeks.

I have had this happen with my own rabbits
Itried to minimized the unusual sound as being "normal" but it was really was the URI not yet resovlved.
I'm still giving him half an ML every night! Is that enough, As the vet said 1ML a day split into two doses but I knocked over thing bottle and lost half of it! Just my luck!

When you mess around with dosing it makes it far less effective and allows the bacteria to build resistance.

Random question, but since you've seen the improvement, what's the weather been like where you are? Have you seen improvement since all the heat has disappeared?

I bet you can get more of the Baytril, especially since you spilled a large amount of it. You want to make sure that you do the full treatment dose for the full treatment length.

Well the weather is kinda wet and rainy at the moment. I think I will go up soon and get some more baytril from the vet! I'll ask mam will she get some tomorrow! And I will go back to the old dosage!

Latest posts

Back