Sneezing

Rabbits Online Forum

Help Support Rabbits Online Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

dr_peter_kraz

Reaction score
This is a silly little question but after readingthe sneezing question I'm wondering. I don't think Faye asanything to worry about but lastmonth she was sneezingsometimes 10 times in a row even waking me up. I would goover to her and say "Its ok Faye, theres nothing wrong with a sneezhere and there". She hasn't sneezed in a month and I believethat I just did some cleaning. She did sneez on me (wetsneez) but I just made fun of her saying "cover your mouth". How oftenis to often?

Peter

Thats a cute pic of the bun and stuffedanimal. It reminds me of the time I went to the vet and had astuffed bun that you see in the pictures I put up. The vetpulled out the stuffed bun and said "there is nothing I can do for thisbun, sorry". It was very funny , then I said (referringtoFaye) "What about this one" hahaha

Peter

Greetings Dr. Kraz,

I bumped up two posts for you about sneezing -- allergies, pasteurella,etc. (one by enslaved about her rabbit having pasteurella andthe other by BunnyMommy, "Lesson's I've learned..."

If you just cleaned up your place, I wouldn't worry too much as shecould just be sneezing from dust. If there's discharge, checkto see if it's clear or not. Note how often she sneezes, andbe sure her eyes remain clear (not watery), and her forepaws aredry.

Sneezes canbe as a result of dust or hay, allergies, ora sign of a respiratory infection.

-Carolyn

Hi Peter,

My buns sneeze every once in a while. When I think back, it seems likeI had always moved /disturbed/cleaned in the near vicinity.

Except for one time that Benji sneezed on me. I think he did it onpurpose. I was trying to smell his breath. Seems like somebun got araisin they wern't suppose to have. And, yes he did have "raisinbreath" ;)

I would suspect alergies or just a "good-ol-sneeze" if it's only occasionally.

If it is more constant I would be more concerned and I would check forany discharge from the nose or eyes. Looking for symtoms of "Snuffles".

IMO...to be on the safe side I might consider a vet visit if it persists.

~Jim

Yea she sneezes once in a blue moon (i guesstheres a blue moon every other month). One thing she hasyearly is conjunctivitis (usually in the summer) and her tear ductsreally don't work for her 100 %. Yetto contradictmyself lately her eyes have been wonderful (I believe it may have hadsomething to do with the large nut intake) and Shes been lookinggorgeous. No eye cleaning has been needed. When shesneezed on me it was clear as well ( very watery). Last monthshe would sneeze over and over again ( then I bought a steam cleanerwhich I use alot and I think are sneezing problem was eliminated).thanks for the input

Peter

P.S. heres a small pic of her eyes

Fauna's conjunctivitis had to be treated with a gelmedication from the vet.

My rabbit loved having the warm compresses put on her eye when they'dget really hard. Poor little thing. She leanedright into it. I thought I'd have to do that for the rest ofher life, as the vet told me that once they're clogged, they are hardto clean out and it usually gets clogged again.

I don't have to clean her eyes at all anymore that was before she wasbonded with Tucker. Now that she's got himto groomher, even if she did have trouble, he's right there to help her out.

-Carolyn

P.S. Really glad to hear that Faye'sokay.

dr_peter_kraz wrote:
Yea she sneezes once in a blue moon (i guess theres a bluemoon every other month).
A little known fact.....in a month that has 2 full moons, the second one is called a "Blue Moon". July 2004 had a Blue Moon.

I love trivia...couldn't resist :cool:

JimD wrote:
dr_peter_kraz wrote:
Yea she sneezes once in a blue moon (i guess theresa blue moon every other month).
A little known fact.....in a month that has 2 full moons, the second one is called a "Blue Moon". July 2004 had a Blue Moon.

I love trivia...couldn't resist :cool:
Oh no problum jim,I'm glad you picked up on that. I'mthrilledactually. I glad you took it litterlally because thats how iwanted it to come across.
Always enjoy talking to youjim

Lassie wrote:
Hi,Peter,How old is yourbunny? How old r u? I am 38 from Oregon,My bunny is 4 yrs old and in March he will be 5.Delia

I'm 23 years old and my bun Faye is going to be 3 in may

Peter

Latest posts

Back