Smudge needs a new home - North Bay

Rabbits Online Forum

Help Support Rabbits Online Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

LadyKat

Reaction score
This has been the hardest decision I have had ever had to make, I would like to find a new forever home for Smudge. Trust me this was no easy decision as I have never adopted an animal that I did not keep til the end of its natural life, I am crying right now as I type this, but I know it is the best thing for both of us.

Smudge is a 10 month female Dwarf Lion Head Rabbit. She has been spayed. She is gentle and once she trust you will allow some holding and will hop all over you, but she is not really the snuggly type. She is litter and water bottle trained.

She comes with a large cage, large playpen, travel cage and all sorts of accessories, toys. food, etc.

She will do best in a quiet home with no children or older children. She does nip and scratch sometimes. she likes cats, but is scared of dogs. She is very energetic and will do best with someone with rabbit experience, is home a fair but and has space for her to roam and explore.

I am simply not a bunny person and I am not home enough to give her the time to spend her energy running about a playing.

Let me know if your are interested. Her and all her accessories are free and I am willing to drive her to places in and around North Bay Ontario.

14754_062239_470000000.jpg

Kat, I'm so sorry to see Smudge needs a new home. You have worked very hard to keep her and I'm sure you are doing what you think is best. I will be praying for both of your hearts to heal :pray:

Who knows I may keep her, an animal rescue place that is run by one of my mothers friends said often times people will get a rabbit online and feed it to a snake or dog, I almost had a complete break down.

I am now selling her on kijiji for $100 instead of free to good home. That freaked me out so much to think someone would do that.

I am coming back home to NB in December - If you don't manage to work something out, I might consider taking her - fairly dependent on how well she might work with my boy... has she been around other rabbits much?

She has never been around another Rabbit, cats yes, but not other rabbits so I am unsure how she would act. She liked the cats and was very interested in them.

For you she would be free as you are obviously a Bunny person.

How is your search coming along, Kat?
If she is still available in December, I'd like to meet her and you - If you are considering holding onto her and trying again, I'd be happy to help in any way I can :)

Hi,

I am still looking. I got two new interests from Kijiji today and sent them the questionnaire.

You are definitely welcome to come meet with Smudge, you would be what I consider the ideal new Mom for her.

I briefly flirted with trying to hold on to her, but the truth is that I know what I need to do to keep Smudge out of trouble but I am not willing to do it. Ie. Putting those cube things everywhere.

Don't get me wrong I do like her, she is sweet, will let me pick her up, and no longer struggles once I do pick her up.

I am just not a Rabbit person. Before I adopted Smudge I had a Hedgehog who I loved dearly and was heartbroken when I had to put him down due to illness, I believe I am more off a Hedgehog type person then a rabbit person.

Smudge has just left with her new mom RexyGirl.

I am sure she thinks that I am over prepared and Smudge travels way to heavily, but hey she is a spoiled bun.

Especially with the last minute run back into my apartment to get the Critical Care out of the freezer and Feeding Syringes out of the drawer just in case.

I am positive that RexyGirl will make an excellent new forever mom for Smudge.

I will still lurk around on these forums as my friend has two rabbits and it not to much into the whole forum thing so I will be asking questions on her behalf.

So I thought yall might wanna know that smudge is settling very nicely. Right now I have made a stair system with NIC grids and coroplast going frrom her ccage into a large NIC run that she has access to at all times till I get her down south.

she seemed kinda stressed at first, then i just gave her some of the green vegie stuff u gave me, what is it called again? lol sry i just never heard of it till u told me lol

as well, she took a pretty big liking to one of my friends who visited to see her yesterday, we brought smudge into the basement (the house hangout) and she seemed pretty happy, though was a little grumpy when we brought her back upstairs later in the day lol

Latest posts

Back