Smokies wont eat - RESOLVED

Rabbits Online Forum

Help Support Rabbits Online Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Location- Saskatoon

- Description (Breed, color., weight)- Breed, No idea. Color is white/grey

- Age- 5+

- spayed/neutered?Spayed

- Notes on Fecal and Urinary Output
- are the bunny's poops and pees normal? No way to tell as she lives with 2 boys.
- When did they last use their litterbox? No Idea
- Any unusual behavior? No that I noticed until now

- Medical History -- has s/he been to the vet or been sick before? No

- Diet - what does your bunny eat?Timothy, Orchard grass, and new to them Oat hay.
- when and what did s/he eat last? She had a treat yesterday.

- movement - any unusual movements? Is s/he hopping normally? She wants to lay inside her box.

- any weight loss? Not that I noticed

- are there any plants, chocolate or other substances within reach? NO. Plant fee home.

- has the rabbit been outdoors? no

I gotupnow to feed the bunnies and Smokies didn't get up and help herself. So I offered her some parsley no intrest in that either. She wont take a treat.

I have some simitcone that I could give her. Thinking of calling the vet.

This was how I found her.

8968_171241_450000000.jpg

I'd just keep up the ovol 1ml/hr for 3 doses, plus syringe her some water if she won't drink. After the 3 doses, if she's still not feeling well, you can start force-feeding and look into pain meds.

Could it have been the oat hay, or the treat?

That sounds good--maybe she's getting annoyed at all the attention and some time alone will help! I know it's hard to not watch them nonstop when they're not well, but it can help. Benjamin went through a bout of this a few weeks ago and it was in the middle of the night. It was nearly impossible to go to sleep for the hour in between doses, but I think giving him some alone time helped.

Ok, thinking of you guys. Have you syringe fed her any water, baby food, pumpkin? Pain meds? Of course the vet's the best way to help her out.

Back