SMB! Save my bunny!

Rabbits Online Forum

Help Support Rabbits Online Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

bunnytamer

Reaction score
I have a 2 year old Flemish Giant who is getting thinner by the minute. He hasn't eaten any pellets for over a week now. He lays around a lot and is kind of tired. I have been giving him dandelion greens and he will eat that. I have also put some vitamins in his water but I am at my wits end! Any suggestions!:nerves1

Has he been to the Vet? There is no way to guess what's wrong, and you honestly can't leave him another minute. :(

He definitely needs supplemental feeding like Critical Care, and make sure he's drinking a lot.

But without a diagnosis, you can't treat this. It could be an infection, a tooth issue, a heart issue, gut issue or just about anything else.

He needs at least a basic exam to listen to his heart and lungs, check his teeth, put his feces under a microscope, check for abscesses, etc, and if that doesn't provide any info, a blood test and/or other diagnostics.

sas :pray:

He urgently need's to see a vet and in the meanwhile
I would certainly be syringe feeding him 'Critical Care'
and also get some water down him.
A week is a long time not to be eating his pellets, like Pip said it could be a number of things that are wrong with him so he needs to see a vet.

Good Luck hope he is ok.

This situation that you are going through needs a vet visit right away. It could be a blockage in the GI tract, or something else.

Check his teeth and make sure it isn't that.If he has not been eating why did you wait so long to get help? That is usually the first sign something is really wrong. I am not condemning you, just asking.
Please get him to a vet.

We just though he was being a picky eater... I will make an appointment ASAP. I checked his teeth but they looked fine to me.

Even the vets have trouble checking teeth, it's really impossible to see anything.

There is a list of questions in a thread pinned to the top of the Infirmary forum, it might give us more info if you can answer them (although I think this case requires a vet regardless).

sas :clover:

Back