Smaller poops again after GI stasis

Rabbits Online Forum

Help Support Rabbits Online Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

BearBear2020

Reaction score
So I have a 3 year old Holland lop that had early signs of stasis this past Monday. I noticed it because his poop was a lot small than usual and he didn't want his pellets. I brought him to the vet and she prescribed him reglan. After he finished his medicine, his poop was still smaller than normal but a lot bigger than the really tiny ones he was having at the start of stasis. In these last few days, his poop seemed to be looking better but today he had some really really tiny poops again. Not all his poops are super small, its more of a mix in sizes. I'm so confused whats happening because hes actually been really good about eating hay since I reduced his pellets. The last few days I was also giving him 1 tbsp of critical care but I stopped today. His bonded friend died 2 weeks ago too so hes been acting different, like very skiddish. Prior to his bonded friend dying he never had any GI issues so I'm not sure if the stress is causing it. Should I be concerned about his tiny tiny poops again? Other than the poop size, his behavior seems normal. Should I reduce his pellets even more? Should I give him the critical care again?

The vet said that it was normal after stasis for poop to be smaller but is it normal for it to go from bigger back to super small again.

Thanks

Stress is normally the main reason for the poop to change sizes. Has anything happened recently with his diet or housing? Theo will get small poops occasionally, but by the end of the day, they are back to normal.

Stress is normally the main reason for the poop to change sizes. Has anything happened recently with his diet or housing? Theo will get small poops occasionally, but by the end of the day, they are back to normal.

His bonded friend died 2 weeks ago. Since then hes been so much more skiddish and nervous. Thats probably the biggest stressor that has happened to him. I'm looking for a new friend for him but its been hard since adoption has been stopped at most places.

That is probably why this is happening. Do you have a stuffed animal or blanket that the other rabbit used a lot? The smell of the other rabbit might still be on it so he can cuddle with it.

That is probably why this is happening. Do you have a stuffed animal or blanket that the other rabbit used a lot? The smell of the other rabbit might still be on it so he can cuddle with it.

Yeah I gave him a stuff animal and also the blanket that Hana used but he doesnt seem to be interested. I'm guessing the best thing I could do is find him a friend. I tried to spend a lot more time with him but sometimes I feel like he rather just be left alone.

Latest posts

Back