Small feces

Rabbits Online Forum

Help Support Rabbits Online Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

mysticfire

Reaction score
Twix is a 2-year-old Polish male bunny, 3.5 lbs. He's eating his pellets, seems to be eating his hay, loves broccoli, carrots, and other veggies. His personality hasn't changed, he's still active, still plays, chews on his toys, etc. However, a few days ago, I noticed that his feces have gotten smaller. They're noticeably smaller than they should be. Should I take him to his vet or should I be looking for something else?

Maybe cut back on the broccoli? It can cause gas. Could be some sort of GI stasis going on. I'd just keep an eye on it, and give lots of greens like kale, lettuce (not iceberg). Make sure he's drinking lots of water. If it doesn't clear up after a little while, I'd take him in to the vet.

Thank you for that info! I'm going to get some more lettuce and a little kale today. He's definitely drinking water. I'm fillinghis bowlat least twice a day. About how long should I wait before taking him to the vet?

Well, really it depends. If it gets worse, then right away. I don't want to be the one to say exactly how long since i haven't seen the bunny. If he seems to be in pain, hunched up etc, that would definitly be a time to consider taking him in, or before that if things get worse.

Is he eating the other stuff at the same rate? With Polish, I would be concerned about a tooth problem which can cause them to stop eating certain foods. Those tiny bunnies have tiny jaws that all the teeth don't fit in correctly sometimes. Kale can be as gassy as broccoli, but if he's used to it he shouldn't get gas from it. It's all about introducing new things slowly.

Thank you for all the advice. He didn't seem interested in the Romaine lettuce I put in his cage, so we went to the vet on Friday. She told me to cut back on the broccoli and give him more spinach and Romaine. She said his teeth looked good and the X-ray didn't show anything obsure. She's a little concerned that he might have a little hairball, so I'm giving him a laxitive over the weekend, which is not fun to give him to help him pass anything that might be causing this. He doesn't seem to be interested in the greens I put in there at first, much unlike my foster, but when I check on him in the mornings, most if not everything's gone. So he seems to be getting better.

I think petco carries it (Benebac) -at least ours does.

Latest posts

Back