small bunny hops

Rabbits Online Forum

Help Support Rabbits Online Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

shawnwk1

Reaction score
as most of you probably know i'm working slowly with Chance on litterbox training and at first he didnt' take to it, but has been doing great recently. so i opened up the amount of space that he has and gave him the whole upstairs, the stairs, and the area right by the front door to see how he would do (keep in mind we're still using multiple litterboxes so he has choices right now of where to go). i had to go out of town today for a bit (gone about 8 hours) and left Chance out in his new area to test him :) when i came home he had not chewed on anything and he only missed his litterbox with 2 small poops that landed behind the litterbox. i'm so proud of the little man. we may have ourselves a free roaming, completely litterbox trained house rabbit yet :)

oh and another funny story about giving him more space. since there is only a gate at the bottom of the stairs in the doorway area one of the cats has decided that the upstairs is now his as well. i wasn't quite sure how this was going to go over with Chance and whether or not he'd share his area, but within minutes the cat was rolling around playing with him and he was running around spastically (in a good way) doing binkies. i'd never seen him so happy. guess he's found his partner in crime and it's not me that he's going to bond with lol.

he was hilarious with the dogs too and as soon as they came up to his cage when he was in it he jumped forward and put his nose on theirs. i think they are going to be just fine too even though one of the dogs is scared of him right now :)

oh and my other cat well he's the head of the household and just kind of an ass anyway so he only tolerates the other animals and allows them to live in his home :wink. i'm sure he will learn to tolerate Chance too and hopefully won't smack him to keep him inline like he does the dogs lol.

just thought i'd share the great progress that he's making. i'm pretty stoked lol.

Latest posts

Back