Small Aparment

Rabbits Online Forum

Help Support Rabbits Online Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

bunny_world

Reaction score
I really want a bunny but I have a small apartment. I need to know if it's enough for a bunny... If your interested in helping me please comment and I'll post a pic of my free space. Thanks!

-Sarah

I'm in a small house and my rabbits are confined to the living room. It's plenty big enough for them. :)

Domestic rabbits don't need much space. Many small breed rabbits are content in an area about 24"x24" (cage size), or larger for a medium to large breed rabbit. So your apartment would be great, although you'll want to make sure YOU have enough space to be comfortable. In a small apartment, a Flemish Giant, French Lop, or other large breed may not be the ideal choice. Smaller breeds afford both of you more personal space.

I would love to help you please send me a pic of ur open space!!! I would be glad to help

You have plenty of options in an apartment -- from using an x-pen (or series of x-pens) for a bunny-safe space, to bunny-proofing sections of your apartment.

I prefer to keep my rabbits in the family room. The cage is in the family room with the door left open all day. Depending on the home we are in (have moved a bit) the rabbits may also have access to kitchen/dining areas, or hallways. I usually keep them out of offices or bedrooms.

My very first rabbit we got as a newly married couple. We had a tiny, one-bedroom apartment. The cage was small but he was allowed to roam in the main room and the eat-in kitchen. That was a long time ago.

Feel free to post a photo. I'm sure it could work with some creativity!

Thanks everyone! I guess I can fit in a Netherlands dwarf bunny. I'll post pictures of the bunny once I get one!

Latest posts

Back