Slippery floor

Rabbits Online Forum

Help Support Rabbits Online Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Now that she is older, Harvey is having trouble with the slippery floor. What can I lay down for her? When she hops off her lounger is the time I’m most worried. I’ve ordered a grass mat as she is bound to chew on whatever I put down. I don’t think it will be very good though. Probably too small and too slippery. A non skid bath mat? Carpet remnants? I’d like a sisal rug but where can I get one safe to chew on? Any thoughts or suggestions are welcome.

You can use fleece and put under fleece blanket an anti-slip mat. You can find anti-slip in many stores for example ikea.

The fleece will often be a bit safer to digest if your bunny do it while the anti-slip make the fleece to stay in one place.

My bunnies doesn’t chew the rugs in the house but I have noticed that different texture of the rug can trigger my bunnies chewing. So maybe trying to find rugs that have a smooth surface, none of my bunnies chew rugs that have smooth surface.

Otherwise you can get hemp mat which they can chew. Or use puzzle rug and have fleece blankets above them to protect from chewing ☺

Now that she is older, Harvey is having trouble with the slippery floor. What can I lay down for her? When she hops off her lounger is the time I’m most worried. I’ve ordered a grass mat as she is bound to chew on whatever I put down. I don’t think it will be very good though. Probably too small and too slippery. A non skid bath mat? Carpet remnants? I’d like a sisal rug but where can I get one safe to chew on? Any thoughts or suggestions are welcome.
In my bunnies room i use fleece blankets , or you can use a mat/rug .
I don't know what a sisal rug is though

I use flat outdoor area rugs, ideally with a rubber backing so the rug doesn't slide on the floor. They can't get their teeth into it even if they tried!

Back