Sleeping on their side? (pic inside)

Rabbits Online Forum

Help Support Rabbits Online Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Junkie2

Reaction score
I saw Peanut sleeping like this and I freaked out at first and after some research I realized its normal... I guess?

img0427gt.jpg

makes me laugh but it looks like she's dead. She literally just falls over into that position. I've only see her do it in that playpen - not in her regular cage.

Is this normal?

Called a dead bunny flop - perfectly normal. There are two threads in the photo pile of the buns on here doing them. Mine does it at night after the lights are out on the A/C vent. lol

haha even though i knew all about the dbf, the first time i walked in and saw rue laying like that in her cage, i freaked!

Yeah, it always makes me giggle when I hear *THUD* and see Powder on his side. Would be scary to just walk in and see him like that though and him not move when I walked in.

The first time I saw Becky laying like that I was worried. I called her, no response; pet her gently, no response; panic and shake her, one cranky bunny! "what did you wake me up for?" THUMP!
Here is one of her favorite flopping places, the cat scratcher.
100_1005.jpg

Back