Sleeping Bunnies

Rabbits Online Forum

Help Support Rabbits Online Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

KookieKing

Reaction score
So Zell has always slept on his side with his eyes closed, but Kookie sleeps in the tucked limps position with his eyes open, and I dont know how Mitsuki sleeps yet. Has anyone else here seen their buns asleep and how do they do it?

Wally, who has a head tilt, often sleeps on his side, eyes closed. He sometimes will twitch like a dreaming dog does.. it's adorable.
Toot is a more high strung rabbit.. I have seen her "sleep" maybe once... I rarely see her with her eyes closed, and when she's on her side, he head's almost always in the air, and she usually pops back up very quickly.

I have some that tend to sleep more sitting, or in the position we call a powder puff (where all their legs are folded under them). Candyfloss stretches out, one her side or sometimes on her back with her legs in the air (seriously) and she dreams which is very disconcerting. Some just lie normally.

It can be hard to know when a bunny is sleeping because they can sleep when their eyes appear to be open, but if you watch their nose, that is the giveaway.

DazyDaizee wrote:
Wally, who has a head tilt, often sleeps on his side, eyes closed. He sometimes will twitch like a dreaming dog does.. it's adorable.
Toot is a more high strung rabbit.. I have seen her "sleep" maybe once... I rarely see her with her eyes closed, and when she's on her side, he head's almost always in the air, and she usually pops back up very quickly.
They apparently go into REM sleep because some of mine have twitching eyes and faces when they are flopped out in dreamland :D

All bunnies sleep differently.
My girl Lily sleeps in the duck-position with her eyes closed.
Sippi, it usually depends with him; whatever he's comfortable with, usually like a duck though. :p
Minnie sleeps on her side, dead out; and she's SUCH A sound sleeper. Won't wake up to the light, the door opening or anything. You have to open her cage, and touch/shake her some to get her to wake up. Then she just sits there until she's fully awake - it's too cute :p
But she has scared us before, cuz we didn't know if she was ok!

Emily

Ceaser sleeps weird, he streaches out onhis tummy,his front paws out and his back paws behind him, his butt will be kinda up in the air too, its really cute. i'll have to try to get a picture of it sometime.

it kind of looks like this. if it was on its tummy and was a bunny.

kitten_sleep-13065.jpg

Very cute. Mine both sleep in chicken mode, all legs tucked under and they just look a fluffy ball of fat with ears :) their eyes don't close all the way. Both of them have their eyelids fall a little but not totally shut. Their noseys stop wiggling but I have never seen them twitch in the face. I have seen Kirby shake/shudder and then continue sleeping.

:biggrin2: Piffy sleeps in that sitting position INSIDE her food bowl. She sleeps in that tucked position everywhere else.

But when she sleeps near or on humans, she spreads out her tiny paws and buries her head between them.

Tell me that's not cute:twitch:

I don't think I've ever seen Penny sleep, but she pretty much stays in the same sphinxed out state all the time, so I assume she sleeps that way too. There have been a couple of times when I have caught Benny in a really deep sleep (doesn't move when I talk or walk around the cage). Those times he is in a full DBF - Dead Bunny Flop.

Back