Skyler Monroe, 12/30/07-5/13/10

Rabbits Online Forum

Help Support Rabbits Online Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I am so sorry to hear this, Shiloh. Skyler was such an adorable little Dutchie. I remember his journey to you, as it was shortly after I flew Pernod and Shadow from the UK to Canada, all of them well travelled bunnies.

Skyler just had the look of a handsome little rogue, the kind of face you could never get annoyed with. I am just pleased that you were able to be with him at the end.

This has been a horrible time for Forum bunnies. I am going to go and have a good cry now :(

Thinking of you

God Bless, Skyler , you gorgeous boy

Jan

Shiloh... I don't know what to say... I was shocked to see his name here. I thought he was doing so well :(He is in peace now. That's the only thing I can focus on right now. He was much loved, as are you. Sending you big big hugs.

RIP lil boy.

Never before have I bawled so badly as I did when reading about his last hours. God, that boy was so lucky to have had so much love around him and died surrounded by love, and at the same time, my heart breaks for you because I know how hard that must have been for you to have to go through that with him.

He was a beauty and he was in an amazing home. One very truly lucky bunny.

I'm so deeply sorry for your loss though, I know it cuts deep.

Binky Free Skyler.

Just seeing this now :(
I'm so sorry you lost Skyler, he seemed like such a sweet bunny :( An absolute cutie :( RIP xxx

Grace, he was a really sweet bunny. Whenever someone came to our house and was interested in holding a bunny, I always took out Skyler. He would happily sit on a stranger's lap for a long time if they were petting him! Not shy at all! Rory won't even consider sitting on anyone's lap but mine, Phoebe will stay nervously for about a minute, and Ned will stay on someone's lap for a long time if I'm sitting next to him, but Skyler just loved whoever. He also never bit me in the 2 years we had him or acted aggressive and would follow me around. Very sweet boy.

Tracy, I'm sorry his death upset you so much. I understand, I've been like that when a few of the bunnies on this forum died too. You would have loved him even more if you'd known him because he was so darling.

Nela, I thought about sending you an e-mail when he died, but I saw that you were moving to the Netherlands the day he died and I didn't want to disturb you on such a busy day.

One of the hardest things about losing a pet is that it takes a while for their death to sink into your subconscious mind. At least 20 times every day since he's died, I've glanced at his cage or wondered how much water he's drank or call Ned "Kybie" (which is Skyler's nickname) or cut up 4 pieces of cucumber instead of 3. Then every time I do that, I'm hit with his death again :(

I'm so sorry for your loss of Skyler. :hug1
I hope you can find comfort in knowing how great of a bunny mom you were to him and that he was loved greatly.

:pink iris: Binky Free at the Bridge :rainbow:

I am so sorry!!!!!!!!!!! he was cute i remember the postings form when he was a baby and his too cute beauty mark. Again i am so sorry for your loss

Shiloh,

You should know my email is always opento you and always has been. Don't hesitate in the future. I'd have gotten back to you as soon as possible. Big big hugs to you. :rose:

I'm still in shock really... Hasn't sunk in yet. Bleh.

SnowyShiloh wrote:
Tracy, I'm sorry his death upset you so much. I understand, I've been like that when a few of the bunnies on this forum died too. You would have loved him even more if you'd known him because he was so darling.
Don't be sorry because it was your love for him that brought me to tears and never be sorry for that. He was just super, super lucky.

Okay, how interesting is this? Came down stairs this morning, and my two cockatiels have eggs in their cage! Two little eggs. It looks like we may be bird grandparents here in a few weeks! I'm guessing one egg was laid during the night and the other on Saturday. They were covered by a paper towel in the corner of the cage. I'm trying not to pin too much hope on the eggs hatching and having baby birds, but it would be so exciting. Like I said earlier in this thread, I've always thought of Tallulah's spirit as a hummingbird, and now I think of Skyler's as a fat little robin. Now we have two little eggs, right after he passed away! I know this is silly and emotional, but what if my little Skyler came back as a cockatiel? In any case, can't help but be cheered up by adorable little eggs and the prospect of baby birds.

The eggs were completely unexpected and Arthur and Poppet are failing at incubating them so far, but eggs can survive for a few days without being warmed and we're going to get a nest box and nesting material tonight, which should inspire them to be good parents. Arthur parented eggs once before 8 years ago so he kind of knows what to do!

Nela and Tracy, thanks for the posts. It means a lot to me.

I personally believe that those who love us come back to see us, and in my experience it can be in different forms, and you could very easily be right.

Please keep us updated about those eggs. Those are two very special eggs.

Flashy wrote:
I personally believe that those who love us come back to see us, and in my experience it can be in different forms, and you could very easily be right.

Please keep us updated about those eggs. Those are two very special eggs.
I agree :)

The day after Pernod went to the Bridge, we had 2 little woodpeckers come into the garden, right by the window. Never had them before, never had them since. I like to think it was Pernod and Perry showing me they were back together, and that they are OK.

I hope the eggs hatch, that would be very special.

Jan

How many bunnies are loved so much to be transported to get them? we all have been blessed with such loving little friends and our lives are the better for it... that is my true belief.

I love all animals and especially my own but our bunnies have my heart. So sweet, so silly.. I'm so sorry Snowy.. The pain is so hard.

The vet who did Skyler's necropsy called and left a message on the answering machine today. She said that he definitely had EC and it had damaged his central nervous system. She said all of his organs and everything looked fine other than his brain (and his eye, which we already knew about), which had lesions :( I'm going to call her back tomorrow and ask a couple of questions.

I still haven't had a chance to talk to the vet who did his necropsy. I still look in his cage several times a day expecting to see him! It's probably time to take his cage apart...

On the bird front, Arthur and Poppet now have 3 eggs in their nest!

I can't believe my little Kai Man has been gone for a week now. I finally took apart his cage tonight. It was sad. Phoebe Mae is now where he used to be and it's weird looking over there and seeing her instead of him. I still think of myself as having 4 bunnies.

In other news, today is 1 year since we got Nedders (yay!) and I found a tumor on one of our rats tonight (noooo) :(

Skyler's been gone for two weeks. It feels like he's been gone for a really long time already... But at the same time, it seems so weird not having 4 bunnies anymore. Tomorrow we are going to go pick up his ashes.

Latest posts

Back