size cage for three rabbits?

Rabbits Online Forum

Help Support Rabbits Online Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

michellexgix

Reaction score
So my three males are getting neutered tomorrow, then Ill try and bond them. I will be rearranging there cages and getting rid of the pet store cages (even though they are pretty big - 2X3 nic size) and making a cage for all three buns together. Cooper is in a 2X7 c&c cage with another story but Ill be using that for my guinea pigs so it will be a complete new cage. Marley and Dexter are in 2X3 pet store cage stacked on top of eachother.

All three rabbits are males, and will be neutered.

There all small - Cooper is 1.22kg, Dexter is 1.59kg and Marley is somewhere in between there sizes.

What size cage would be big enough to suit there needs and for them to live comfatable.

I wouldn't throw them out anytime soon. You don't know how long and if they would even bond as a trio. And please wait at least a month after the neuter before starting any bonding sessions.

okiron wrote:
I wouldn't throw them out anytime soon. You don't know how long and if they would even bond as a trio. And please wait at least a month after the neuter before starting any bonding sessions.

Throw what out? The pet store cages,no sorry I just ment that Ill be taking them down, then storing them incase it doesnt work out, incase one gets sick or incase I get a new bun.

I know that, which is why I wont be making a cage for them till AFTER I start the bonding process, Then once they are fine Ill make the cage.

I know, I have doubts that they wont bond as a trio as two got in a tiny fight one evening, through cage. One ended up with a small cut on his paw. Cooper and Dexter were together for about three hours lately (cooper got out of his cage while dexter was on the floor running about) and both were fine so I am hoping Ill at least get two to bond together.

Yes, I will be waiting about 4-6weeks for all hormones to go and of course by then they will all be healed. Esp Marley as his testicle hasnt dropped so his neutering is more serious - they have to go in his stomach so will take longer to recover.

Some people say 2X6 for two bunnies, so I'd say the 2X7 would be about big enough for the three, cos they're small rabbits and the cubes are actually longer than a foot, so that's really big. :) And they get free ranging time too!

I was just looking at your photo of your cage there to get an idea. Cooper looks so tiny in it, cos it's huge :)

If you changed it into three floors, with your two guinea pigs on the top floor, two on second floor, and the three buns on the bottom floor, or something? Or would you be able to change it to be something like a 2X8, with your four guinea pigs on the top separated into two 2X4, and then make the bottom for the rabbits with some ledges/2nd storey for them with the leftover cubes. Oh there's so many possibilities :)

Oh thats a good idea Ciara, having the buns on bottom with the guinea pigs higher up, would save room too!
Im still playing round with loads of ideas! So we'lll see what I come up with :)

Latest posts

Back