sitting by the heater how close is to close

Rabbits Online Forum

Help Support Rabbits Online Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

flagrl

Reaction score
i have a space heater and my bunny will sit by it the whole time it is on even when he feels hot. sometimes he will sit with his back touching the heater while its on and i dont want him to get burned or too hot but he loves to sit by it. so how close is to close to the space heater

Rabbits generally cope with cold a lot better than they cope with heat. Their cage should be well away from any heat source.

However, if your bun enjoys lying by the heat then that should be ok. Like mentioned above, he should move if he gets too hot.

Is it like, a closed heater? Could he possibly burn himself on the inside? I doubt it, but just check.

Jen

Mine hop over to toast their toes on the heat vent when it comes on *shrug* I've never worried about it since they have the free choice. The only concern I would have is hot hot does the surface get? Could the fur catch on fire?

My dad's bunny will do that...she'll flop in front of the heater all winter long. When she gets warm, she'll go to her cage for a drink of water or come to the kitchen to beg for food for a bit and then she'll go right back. I think as long as you're home to keep an eye on bunny/heater, you're fine.

OMG I wouldn't have a heater that gets hot and he could get burned anywhere near my bunnies or any pet for that matter. That's very dangerous.:shock:

Ask any fireman they are one of the worse things for staring fires in the winter time.

Mineuse to love laying on or near the heating vent (in the winter)when I lived in the house. And in the summer to get to cool air from the air conditioner.

Susan:)

Back