Sir Tigger McRoo Tells All!

Rabbits Online Forum

Help Support Rabbits Online Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I'm so sorry about Lavi. I know he was really special to you, but another special bunny may yet come into your life. You've got a lot of really cute pets and it sounds like you really love animals.

I'm so sorry about Lavi. I hope this doesn't discourage you from giving your love to another bunny.

Thanks, all. It's been fairly tough, but I know I'll get through it.

I've been looking through petfinder, trying to find another heartbunny. My friend convinced me to look for another bunny, one to cuddle and call my own - Fur therapy, she called it.

I went out to the barn today with Maddie to take some pictures of her riding. It definitely took my mind off things, let me focus on the horses. it was nice. Maddie's horse is named Mel, short for Melodramatic. She's really nice and sweet, and a huge carrot mooch.

They remind me so much of bunnies, despite their size.

<3 it was great.

The park is a really great place to take pictures, as I've found out today.

Hundreds of (okay maybe four or five) butterflies were swarming a flowery tree (bush?) in the park, and I just so happened to have the DSLR with me. I took some great shots - though the camera was a bit temperamental today. always so dark! I adjusted the ISO and changed the shutter speed; nothing. ahh, well. that's what Photoshop it for!

Did I tell you guys about Roly's paw? No? ahh, well here's a story.

Roly needed a haircut for a while now - being a non-shed dog in the summer sure is tough on him. plus, you know, the whole black dog attracts heat thing. Anyways, while we were clipping his paws, we noticed a huge ball of fur inbetween his paw pads. Apparently, it just got bigger and was rubbing against his pawpads - they were raw and bleeding and ow. :C

So we put some polysporin on it and covered it in a bandage, but he's still limping and I feel bad for him.

He still has his limp, so we're probably going to take him into the vet soon to check up on it - I would HATE for it to get infected!

I've just been relaxing and enjoying my last few days of summer; I'm camping on the last week, then off to school again. fun.

I'm off - see you all tomorrow!

Nothing much happened today - just planning for tomorrow's trip to the pet shop! We're doing all the major shopping - the hutch, run, food dishes, hay rack, litter box, etc. The toys and litter can wait until later.

I watched two movies today; both from when I was, like, 5. it was awesome! Tomorrow I have to pack for a week-long trip - won't be blogging, sorry! But when I have free time, I'll try to get a blog in. (and then watch another movie cause um. >___>)

so yes, not much to report, besides my excitement! who hasn't been to a pet store in forever?

Me, of course!

I like your doggies! they are too adorable!

I also like your gerbils. I'm like a mega-gerbil lover/freak. :p

*strikes a pose* I'm back from camping!

oh, it was wonderful! so much fun!

I don't have much time to write anything, so I'll have to wait until the morning to fully catch you guys up on everything - but I thought I'd first pop in to say hello, again!

Hope you're pups paws are okay! I have a papillon and I always have to trim the hair on the bottoms of his feet.

Camping, fun! I went camping (and mountain climbing!) this summer too. For some reason, every time I go camping it always rains!

I haven't posted here for awhile, so sorry about Lavi. I think rescuing a bunny in need, when you find the perfect one, would be a great way to honor his memory.

Roly's paws have not needed trimming before, which was weird!

anyways, so remember how I said I would type everything up this morning?

apparently a meant tonight. haha.

So I've been busy shopping for back-to-school supplies.

yay. >:C

I want summer to be longer. Really, where has it gone?!

I found the ~perfect~ bunny flooring - these foam mats with carpet on top that interlock together like those colourful kiddy ones! they're at canadian tire, and they work wonderfully so far - they're easy to cut, too. Now to finally get a bunny to bunny-test it...

It's been really quiet at home, so I tried giving Rexy some catnip.

Never again will I try.

So this not-so-bunny blog needs a new name.

Because I now have a bunny.

8D

His name was originally Jughead, but I didn't like it and it didn't suit him - so I changed it to Tiggeroo, or Roo-moo, as I call him.

He's a black Lionhead, found at my local shelter. He's just perfect - litter trained, neutered, and very loveable! He was just binkying around my room a few hours ago, now he's drifting to sleep in his hutch.

The people working there were great; very informative, professional, and knew a lot about rabbits! The man who worked specially in the rabbit section was very helpful, too! He let me open up all the cages and have some one-on-one time with all the rabbits up for adoption.

I didn't ask what veggies Roo-moo usually ate; stupid me! so I just grabbed some of the basics - romaine, parsley, dandelion, dill, and bok choy. I didn't give him any bok choy yet, but all the rest Roo-moo digested just fine.

I'd never really seen a bunny binky before - only in youtube videos and the like. It's so much more... real in person! You can almost feel the rabbit's happiness!

Roo-moo's settling in very nicely; there hasn't been any problems thus far. I finished bunny-proofing my room at around 2, so he was let out the whole day after that as he seemed perfectly happy inside his hutch.

Roo-moo is very affectionate, too. On the ride home he was a very brave little trooper and had his ears up curiously, exploring the car rather than hiding in fear. Once he settled down for the ride, her propped himself up in the crook of my arm and licked me for a few minutes - I wasn't expecting that!

When I got home, the first thing my little sister did was take him out. I told her not to, but my mum insisted. It was fine, anyways, as Roo-moo seems totally stress-free from his move! at around twelve, I let him on my bed. He sat on my chest and licked my nose for a few minutes before again going back to the crook of my left arm, licking that, too.

He really is an amazing bunny, and I know that he'll settle in nicely. He is definitely just what I need after the Lavi episode, and I'm already feeling much better.

Pictures will be up sometime tomorrow!

See you all very soon!

Okay, sorry, I don't ear pictures yet.

They're on their merry way, while I get to know the little perks and quirks of my new little bunbun!

I have decided that leaving him along in his cage is not a good idea. Food strewn everywhere, dishes upturned, poop lining the cage. It was a mess!

I cleaned it up with a sigh as he ran about my room and hall, destroying everything along the way. (okay, maybe not everything, but he did shred that phone book and Aunt Birtha's old desk's leg!)

He's fallen in love with a toy ball, one of those woven grass ones with the rattle in them He really likes the way it makes that jingly noise when he throws it!

He's also learned that oh! throwing your favourite toys in the water bowl is fun!

:|

Oh, the joys of owning my little roo-moo.

But no, I love him to bits and pieces. <3

:bunny18

[align=center]Sir Tigger McRoo

"Tiggeroo, Roo-Moo, Roo"[/align][align=center]
[/align][align=center]
DSC_5458.png

DSC_5590.png

DSC_5613.png

DSC_5612.png

DSC_5611.png

DSC_5610.png

DSC_5593.png

DSC_5586.png

DSC_5500.png

DSC_5498.png

DSC_5483.png

DSC_5481.png

DSC_5463.png

[/align][align=center]

Sorry there are so many - I couldn't choose my favourites!
[/align]

Latest posts

Back