Silver, the spunky Netherland Dwarf

Rabbits Online Forum

Help Support Rabbits Online Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I was too busy to post yesterday, so sorry about that. It turns out eating the cake takes just as long as it does to make the cake. Silver is doing fine. I think he was a bit hot and grumpy today since it hit up to 90 degrees. He would not let me pick him up much and taking him downstairs and getting him out of my room took a little while longer today.

He didn't bite though, just kept jumping on and off of my bed and kept running away from me with the occasional little growl. He also heard his first lawn mower today and I think it scared him a bit. He just kept his ears back and was a bit unsteady and untrusting and more skittish than usual even with all the windows closed.

Onto other topics, I went to my nearest (trustworthy, not the one I got him from) pet store today and got him a small, blue kitty litter box for the new cage. But while I was there, I looked around quickly and saw the biggest assortment of bunny/small animal toys EVER! I'm so going there when I get him more toys. :D

He's feeling comfortable right now flopped down next to me in his cage as I write this lying on the floor. It always makes me happy to see him flopped down after chewing his veggies. I can't get a good pick though because any time I come near him with my camera, he stops what he's doing. Naughty little bun! It makes me know that even in those days when he can be real grumpy with me, he still feels comfy and cozy. ;)

What a cute little little chappie he is. Mine love their veggies and greens, herbs are their absolute favourite.

So so so cute! you definitely gave that pet store bunny the life he deserves! He looks so sweet and spoiled <3

Oh yes! He obsessed with his veggies! He's starting to try different herbs, as I have many in my summer garden. Yes I always try to give him everything a bun could ever want even though I feel unsuccessful at times.

I know I'm posting a bit later than usual, but I have been too busy to do so until now. Silver gave me quite a scare earlier today. I was unpacking my bag from being elsewhere last night and I was letting him run around on my bed since he is literally obsessed and has his mind set on my bed.

I went into the hallway for about a minute before I heard the skittering of little bunny nails. I ran into my room to find Silver slipping off my nightstand and trying to climb back on while being squished between my bed and whatnot. I could tell that he was totally freaking out. I rushed over just in time and got him unstuck and safely back on the ground.

I think it may have scared him more than me though. He just sort of sat in the corner by his cage for a bit, while I gave him nose and back pets. I was a little worried he had hurt his legs or something because he just sat her for some time. But then he got out of his "trance" and continued to hop around like nothing happened. Bunnies, one minute freaked out, the next minute binkying and doing bunny 500's.

Today I finally got the plywood for the NIC cage shelves. I am really hoping my reasoning and what not worked out well as it was a tad stressful and timely getting all the wood cut. I'm sure it will be fine. If not, I'll resize it myself. :p

Happy Mothers Day to mothers of children and mothers of those furry little poopers we call bunnies! I took Silv outside

today and I have to say it wasn't a very good idea on my part. Our trees just bloomed here and we have those sticky little things that fall off the tree buds laying all around the yard.

I took him outside and we were mostly in the garden, which I thought would be mostly free of the sticky things. I was wrong. He was running around fine for a while until I kept looking down and noticing that he was washing his face off or something of the sort quite a bit.

I picked him up and flipped him over (yeah, he didn't like that, lol) to notice that he had at least 5 of those "sticky things" stuck to his fur and paws that he was trying to get off. My poor little bun! I felt terrible for not thinking of this. I brought him inside right away and was able to pick a few off before he jumped up onto my shoulder and asked for hugs and lets which I gave to him until he was all done and hopped off and away.

He's alright now. After that he was a bit untrusting of me, so after putting down an ice water bottle for him, I broke and gave him some of his favorite treat, applesauce. He was acting g fine and normal after that and by the time I put him upstairs, he had gotten all of the "stickies" off while running around. Well Silver, you could get me to jump off a cliff for you with your brown little bunny eyes and look of ever cuteness plastered on your little dwarf face. :sigh:

I've been a bit busy lately, lol, seems like that's always my poor excuse. Not much to say tonight. I feel bad because Silv hardly got any out time of his cage tonight. I had to leave at around 5:00 and he was being picky and decided he didn't want anyone to pick him up until around 4:00. Oh Silver, what will I ever do with you.

I haven't been able to get any good pictures of him lately. He has a new position that is between a bun loaf and a bun flop. He site there all spread out, but with his arms and legs tucked under him. It's too cute! On the painting news, I work on that on Mondays mostly, and since today was a Monday, I got a whole lot of progress done. I painted Silver with solid color and started working on the grass. It's turning out well.

ImageUploadedByRabbit Forum1399945062.639827.jpg

Kinda a bad picture, but that's a less "dramatic" version of his new pose. Lol

He looks so much like Sasha I can't stand it! Squeee! Love his little stuffed rabbit in the back there, lol.

Omg he totally does! It's like she is the doe version of him!! Lol, yeah that's his "girl friend" over there. He just loves her so much. They four dollars I spent on her and the 30 minutes to talk to you later to fill here with rice and resew her are definitely paying off. I will look over to see him sitting and endlessly grooming her.

Oh if he loves her so much, I just imagine how he would react to a real bunny friend who could live him back. Hopefully some day far into the future. He is running around doing bunny 500's and binkying like it's the last time he ever will. Just have him a piece of banana and he loved it, like always.

I wasn't able to post yesterday because I was VERY busy with schoolwork. Blah, too much reading of my classic book. I should have picked something shorter, Lol. But things are going quite well with the NIC cage building.

Today I had some spare time an started putting together walls for the cage even though I originally planned to not build it until Memorial Dat weekend. But, it looks like I will be free all day Saturday of this week and I have already put together the roof, side walls, and one front wall. I'm so excited to have it completely build! :D

Oh and finally some pics!
ImageUploadedByRabbit Forum1400115361.696792.jpg
Bad lighting, but I just can't get over his face in that picture!!!
ImageUploadedByRabbit Forum1400115419.306268.jpg
"What? Did you say you're going to take me upstairs?!"

Whoo Hoo! NIC cage has been accomplished! Straight when I got home from school today I started putting more walls and what not together and found that I was able to put the whole thing together.

It was a bit challenging getting everything sturdy and in place by myself, but after about 3 hours, I had an awesome cage (not counting all the time I took making the walls) that I could fit into without the shelves (I'm a bit small though, lol).

The shelves themselves look great, and I hope that they are soft on Silv's feet. If not, I can always put in some flannel blankets. The shelves are just plywood with the IKEA mats glued on top of them. They look stylish but should also be soft on the bunny paws. His litter box is all set up and I plan you bring the while cage into my room tomorrow.

I wasn't able to get any pictures if the cage yet since the room I'm in has a good bit of stuff in it and the background shows up more than the cage. But I plan to take lots of pics once it is in place in my room.

ImageUploadedByRabbit Forum1400206438.735112.jpg

One of the shelves

Yeah I'm finally back! I will just start with a ton of pics then explain.
ImageUploadedByRabbit Forum1400722436.625789.jpg
"Touch my head, and I'll close my eyes."
ImageUploadedByRabbit Forum1400722496.994295.jpg
I'll explain this one a bit, I just love it. I was wearing my hoodie unzipped and I was carrying Silv upstairs. I supported his little bunny butt in one hand inside my hoodie and he just leaned into me and stuck his head into my hoodie! He gets cuter by the day. ;)
ImageUploadedByRabbit Forum1400722646.888005.jpg
Here is the NIC cage which, although stressful, I will call a success. It's two floors (ground and shelve) and although it isn't as tall as I would have liked, Silver just adores all his newly acquired space.

It was originally three floors, but my room is sort of small and it was just overwhelming huge in my space and I think Silver felt the same way. Oh and if anyone was wondering from past pics, yes I do have green baseboards and light purple walls. Lol, when I was little we painted my room like that and it's still there. Silv hasn't eaten the baseboards yet.

Hmmm maybe color makes a difference. I haven't had any time to post lately between schoolwork and life. So, I apologize. I'm very sorry to anybody who missed this blog over the past few days. :)

Cutie!

I talk to my buns too. Hey just never make fun of me or say something I don't want to hear. They sit there and quietly absorb your every word and you feel so LISTENED TO.

I wuv nethies. They are so beautiful.

Yes! Talking to Silv, I always know that he is listening. I jut love Nethies too. I would get another one in a split second if I could! :D Whether he is just sitting and eating hay, or flopped out or loafed in his special corner, I know his ears are open. Talking about his special corner, I don think I ever explained that. It's been the same place in his old cage that it is now.

It's the left corner toward the front of his cage. He will always be by loafing over there. When I wake up, and sometimes before bed. When I come home from the weekend, he is always sitting there waiting to see me. It's just his little relaxing spot as he is just not too much of a flopper although when he does from time to time, it's just completely adorable. He flops when he is sleeping though. ;)

Silver, although oh so cute, is officially the worst bunny boyfriend on the planet. Ever since he found out that there was dried rice inside of his once loved stuffed girlfriend, he has been trying to eat her. Lol, I know it sounds really weird if you didn't know she was stuffed.

So anyway, I woke up one morning and was sitting in bed for a little while and I heard Silver jump up on his shelve and eat something. I got up and went over to see thy he had done this to his girlfriend. Evil boyfriend!

ImageUploadedByRabbit Forum1401154319.022022.jpg

On other topics, he is loving his new cage space even though it may seem to small to some people I'm sure. He loves how he an run around. Today he tried some pineapple and loved it! I got some cute pics.

Sorry a few technical difficulties! Well have a good night everyone! Sil gets to stay up a bit later tonight! Sorry if there are any problems with the pics!
ImageUploadedByRabbit Forum1401154709.086681.jpg
ImageUploadedByRabbit Forum1401154731.537243.jpg

Truly Sasha's long-lost twin! He's adorable, I'm sure he loves his girlfriend even more now that she provides him with sneaky treats. Haha!

Little cutie. Love the nethies as well, they are so smart and cheeky !!

Pani: Yes! He definitely has his feisty little times where he will get a bit aggressive. But after about three days or so, he will usually return to his sweet little nethie self!

Whiskeylollipop: He literally is Sasha's twin. Except for a little difference in her fur coloring, she looks identical to my Silv! Lol yes I bet that made him quite happy to find out she was filled with our equivalent of junk food.

Chrisdoc and Country_Girl: Yes I have also really come to love his breed as well. He really is so smart! When I first got him, I was super surprised at how he would outthink me in certain situations!

Onto how he is today, he is actually being really sweet and kissy to me! It's always after his aggressive days that he is super sweet, almost like he's trying to apologize for being mean on the days before that. I just late my he'd down on the carpet next to his letterbox today and he just started licking me all over my face and would not stop!

It was purely so sweet and adorable and made me feel very warm and fluffy (inside and outside ;)) and I rewarded him with a very nice big salad of different veggies. He is a very lucky bun bun right now, getting almost every veggie in my summer garden. So his salad has lately consisted of many kinds of lettuce, parsley, cilantro, rosemary, oregano, mint, red and green basil, and dill. Lucky little one he is.

Latest posts

Back